Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we offered him a new contract but he wouldn't sign it unless guarantees were given.

With him only having a year left on his deal it was either keep him and let him go for nothing next season or sell now for what, 9m?

We should have sorted his contract situation out before the loan to Lille.
I too have wondered why the hell we didn't extend his contract before loaning him, but then it got me thinking... perhaps we tried to, but he made it clear even as long as a year ago that he wouldn't extend. So maybe we loaned him to boost his stock, put him in the window, and then get a larger fee? Just me speculating.

There's a difference between having good players and using them. Do you see Pellegrini playing any of those you mentioned a reasonable amount this season? He's under pressure as it is, I foresee him sticking to his big guns as much as possible. We need a long-term manager who's given the backing and freedom to be a bit more experimental perhaps at the detriment of results knowing he won't be sacked for it.

We absolutely do not need a long-term manager who's given the backing and freedom to be a bit more experimental perhaps at the detriment of results. We need a manager that wants to win every single game.

Unfortunately, Lopes was simply not quite good enough. Good luck to him, Monaco is a great move for him. We got decent money for him too.

The best youth players will continue coming to City because they know they will get the best footballing education (and the best academic education) here, along with training facilities not matched anywhere else. Most of them realise that they will never get into our team because we are able to buy the best players in the world. What they do know is that with the training they get here, they are likely to have a fantastic football career at teams like Monaco or Marseille or any number of other British and European clubs.

whats that based on ? we will never know if he was good enough for us unless he got a chance , which he didn't.

I too have wondered why the hell we didn't extend his contract before loaning him, but then it got me thinking... perhaps we tried to, but he made it clear even as long as a year ago that he wouldn't extend. So maybe we loaned him to boost his stock, put him in the window, and then get a larger fee? Just me speculating.

We would have loaned him out regardless mate, it was time for him to get first team football and with Lille coming in for him offering him regular game time it was a loan offer that could not have been refused.

I think its a good fee for an unproven player. He was not pushing Sergio for his place in the team. Hope he does well.

whats that based on ? we will never know if he was good enough for us unless he got a chance , which he didn't.

I reckon the City coaches could assess me and judge I wasn't good enough without playing me in the first team. They're pretty talented when it comes to this kind of stuff. He'll have been watched, regularly, whilst at Lille and the assessment on his chances of first team football will have been made.

I reckon the City coaches could assess me and judge I wasn't good enough without playing me in the first team. They're pretty talented when it comes to this kind of stuff. He'll have been watched, regularly, whilst at Lille and the assessment on his chances of first team football will have been made.
That. Plus maybe he wasn't showing enough progression/improvement during practice/training sessions. Too much goes on behind the scenes for us to know much though.

Nobody is that good a judge, nowhere near. It's just guesswork.

They have gambled on him not making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.