Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are upset. Particularly @Damocles. What would you have done to keep him? Serious question. Only way we keep him is do one of the following:

Not buy Sterling
Not buy KDB
Sell Navas
Sell Nasri

Which one of the above would you have done to keep Lopes?

None, just given him some mins as sub to see how he gets on, then if he does ok, give him a bit more, then if he continues to look ok at that level, pehaps start him in a cup game, then if he does ok there, start him vs a lesser Prem side at home etc etc. If he progresses, than fuck Nasri or Navas off this time next year. If Lopes is crap, loan him out in Jan. Simple.

I'm sure that they are as sure as they can be. Plus you're also ignoring the contract situation, and Lopes' wishes for an amount of first team football we didn't believe he was ready for. If he'd have been willing to "do a Denayer", sign a lengthy contract and take his chances then Lopes would have been resigned I shouldn't wonder, if rumours are true he wanted some form of guarantees he'd get significant game time before he signed a new deal. What exactly were City to do? Give him the guarantees and then renege? Play him when they felt he wasn't ready?

We should have played him more two seasons ago & got him signed up. We've fucked it up & I recon that will come out one day if Rony does well. If he doesn't they will all breathe a sigh of relief.

There is not one person in football, who can judge accurately whether the best kids will make it or not just on the amount of information we have from Lopes. If such a person existed, they would be on ten times the wages of Jose Mourinho.

Think about it. they could just go round hoover up all the best 20 year olds & sign them, then sell for 80 mil each.

They don't know.
Read my post again. I haven't said one person. Collectively they are far better placed than you or I to make that call.

As Khaldoon said; we will not compromise the success of the first team for the sake of giving kids a chance. They will absolutely have to be good enough from the get go.

Further, I don't see how anybody knows that Lopes would have been happy playing a bit part from the substitutes bench. If he was not and wanted guarateed game time then
the club have made the correct decision.

As Khaldoon said; we will not compromise the success of the first team for the sake of giving kids a chance. They will absolutely have to be good enough from the get go.

Further, I don't see how anybody knows that Lopes would have been happy playing a bit part from the substitutes bench. If he was not and wanted guarateed game time then

I agree with that.

Last edited:
someone on here mentioned a few of the academy players are pretty disgusted by our treatment of denayer. I heard the same today from someone who works at CITC.

I can't see Denayer wanting to play for us again as we pretty much conned him into signing a new deal.

I believe that influenced Lopes decision to look elsewhere.

Why did pellegrini not even know we were selling him ? That is pretty fucked up ?

Yep. Khaldoon was spot on with this assessment. Owners want success immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.