Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's right 100% of the time, that much is obvious. It's an inexact science but the scouts, coaches, front office staff have way better tools, knowledge, experience, etc.. to come up with personnel decisions relative to normal folks who just talk football online.

Dead right. And because of that, it's a brave or stupid coach who writes off a player like Rony Lopes at 19.

Just seen Pellegrini's gaff in the press conference, absolutely piss poor that.

I've absolutely no idea how anyone can say our youth products are in safe hands with Manuel when he doesn't even know if we'd loaned out or permanently sold one of our biggest prospects.

Embarrassing.

Goes without saying that everything's going swimmingly from the perspective of the senior squad, but this issue with academy graduates getting a shout isn't going away, certainly in the short term at least.

Think Denayer's been handled poorly as well, and is now having to rush through a pretty poor loan move, IMO, to Galatasaray before deadline day.

He'll get some minutes in the group stage of the CL, but what's he going to learn playing in Turkey, really?

This whole topic is a real issue for me, bit of a concern.

Yes, it was a little bit embarrassing, however Pellegrini won't have a great deal to do with our youth prospects. He'll be being informed by those who work with them on a daily basis.

Yes, it was a little bit embarrassing, however Pellegrini won't have a great deal to do with our youth prospects. He'll be being informed by those who work with them on a daily basis.

He has had Lopes training with the first team for about two months, of course he 'has something to do' with him! They announced at City live that Lopes was a first team player.

For those that are upset. Particularly @Damocles. What would you have done to keep him? Serious question. Only way we keep him is do one of the following:

Not buy Sterling
Not buy KDB
Sell Navas
Sell Nasri

Which one of the above would you have done to keep Lopes?

For me, and I said it last year before all this happened, we should never have loaned him out to Lille. He'd shown more than enough in his few chances with the first team to hang around the squad for last season (as he was a free squad pick anyway). He should and probably would have gotten to play a part in 10-15 games (mainly as a sub) and we would have gotten the chance to see whether he was fitting in and making the grade. It also would have given him the belief that we actually had some interest in giving him a chance and he would almost certainly have seen a future for himself at the club and signed a new deal. Instead we took the easy way out and just dumped him out on loan and delayed giving him a chance for another year.

Just seen Pellegrini's gaff in the press conference, absolutely piss poor that.

I've absolutely no idea how anyone can say our youth products are in safe hands with Manuel when he doesn't even know if we'd loaned out or permanently sold one of our biggest prospects.

Embarrassing.

Goes without saying that everything's going swimmingly from the perspective of the senior squad, but this issue with academy graduates getting a shout isn't going away, certainly in the short term at least.

Think Denayer's been handled poorly as well, and is now having to rush through a pretty poor loan move, IMO, to Galatasaray before deadline day.

He'll get some minutes in the group stage of the CL, but what's he going to learn playing in Turkey, really?

This whole topic is a real issue for me, bit of a concern.

Its simple. If they are good enough they will break through and play in the first team. Look at Sterling 20 years old is he? hes good enough and he starts for us. Our standards are the highest now.

Yep, I'm not having it that they are sure Lopes won't make it. Not at all.

I'm sure that they are as sure as they can be. Plus you're also ignoring the contract situation, and Lopes' wishes for an amount of first team football we didn't believe he was ready for. If he'd have been willing to "do a Denayer", sign a lengthy contract and take his chances then Lopes would have been resigned I shouldn't wonder, if rumours are true he wanted some form of guarantees he'd get significant game time before he signed a new deal. What exactly were City to do? Give him the guarantees and then renege? Play him when they felt he wasn't ready?

For those that are upset. Particularly @Damocles. What would you have done to keep him? Serious question. Only way we keep him is do one of the following:

Not buy Sterling
Not buy KDB
Sell Navas
Sell Nasri

Which one of the above would you have done to keep Lopes?
Personally,i wouldn't have minded option 4,in fact,i'd have encouraged it.

Come off it mate, of course he will. If he doesn't then that's clearly a glaring issue, and adds to the impression the Pellegrini isn't interested in the younger players trying to break through.

Lopes wasn't some obscure kid from the academy, he was one of our brightest young players who'd had a year of senior football in France under his belt. He was one of the lads who was supposed to have been promoted to our senior squad this summer, he's been training with Manuel all summer and was part of his senior squad in preseason, he should be fully in tune with what the lad's future holds. But clearly, he didn't have a clue.

That, quite frankly, is fucking staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.