Rooney "Average" quote

Big Swifty

Rick Broadbent in today's "Times": "...if Rooney retired tomorrow he would be remembered as an average international player with a worse striking record than Peter Crouch".
Has the Rooney bubble burst at last or did he just have an off day in Warsaw? Or were the cynics right all along?

Judging him against English players he'd be quite a bit better than average. Judging him against all players then he's average at best.

finally some journos are noticing. there's a ban from the swamp beckoning....

To be fair i thought he was an awful international player but then i realised his international record is similar to Lionel Messi's so it can't be to bad.

He is a decent footballer, although he lacks discipline on the pitch running all over to get in the game, something which you can't do, he is better than average that is for sure.

He was pretty special as a 16 year old. There was always rave reviews about pennant and Joe Cole, but he blew them out the window.

I always expected him to take his game to a few more levels, I think one season with Ronaldo he was incredible but it's not consistent season after season.

I don't know if it makes a difference him growing physically quickly, he was a brickhouse and man at a very young age. It's as if he plays as a player in his twilight some games, as if his body is catching up with him

Apart from Hansen and shearer creaming themselves over him, I think the Rooney factor lost its appeal quite a while back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.