Rooney "Average" quote

Re: Rooney "Average" quote

Lakeysbadknee said:
SSN having a w**kfest over the fat,shredded wheat headed,overrated,granny shagging,adulterous,shrekfaced,whinging cnut this morning before I came to work.Even said his shinner against us at the swamp was the greatest prem goal ever,ragarse licking twunts. Personally I think it was passed spectacularly & definingly by Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! watch it,drink it in......

Haha quality rant and totally agree what did that shank get em apart from 3 points? AGUEROoOOOoooOoOOOOoo's won us the league :)

Rooney is a very good player, of that there's no doubt. However you have to wonder what the opinions on him would be if he were German, or French, or Italian. If he'd started at a medium level Italian side, say Lazio, and been signed by AC Milan as a youngster, would we be comparing him to Ronaldo and Messi? Of course not. It's the same thing as when we overrate the English national side when a major tournament comes around, home bias makes people assign abilities and qualities to someone or something that can't be supported by the facts. Rooney is a very good player, but he's not in the World's top 10, he possibly make the top 20, but he's most likely a top 30 player.

The English press are desperate to have a home-grown player (preferably from Utd or Ars) to call world-class and make into a national hero.i
Rooney came close but ultimately couldn't cut it on the biggest stages.
His time has now gone but as long as Ferguson is his manager he'll have some big days for them.

I would look at it this way. Rooney scored 34 goals last season in a side that doesn't have a midfield and the worst injury record in the PL.

Take Rooney out of the equation, and they wouldn't have finished level on points, more like 3 or 4th.

On that basis, he is a very good player. Although, when Ronaldo was in the side he played a supporting role, and with RVP he has reverted to this position once again. Maybe this is where he prefers to play, and not be the focal point.

Matty said:
Rooney is a very good player, of that there's no doubt. However you have to wonder what the opinions on him would be if he were German, or French, or Italian. If he'd started at a medium level Italian side, say Lazio, and been signed by AC Milan as a youngster, would we be comparing him to Ronaldo and Messi? Of course not. It's the same thing as when we overrate the English national side when a major tournament comes around, home bias makes people assign abilities and qualities to someone or something that can't be supported by the facts. Rooney is a very good player, but he's not in the World's top 10, he possibly make the top 20, but he's most likely a top 30 player.

On ability he is a top player, but they way people go on about him as some great and calling him the white Pele is just stupid, only twice has he scored more than 20 goals in the league; Aguero did it in his first season with us and Carlos Tevez did it twice in a row for us yet you don't see people pro-claiming him as the messiah and he probably would n't make the Argentina squad even if Messi wasn't around. If Rooney is to be looked at as a Great he needs to higher his level of application; 10 assists and 15 goals as a bare minimum and target 15 assists and 25-30 goals, of course stats don't neccessarily make a great player, but what else does he do? does he go on long mazy dribbles like messi? No. Does he dictate the tempo and create the play? not particularly no. He should make his mind up whether he wants to be a forward or a midfielder and not blend the roles with tracking back, apply himself up his game let the performance and stats do the talking, rather than feigning injuries and mouthing off at refs.

And just for further evidence; Antonio Di Natale scored 80 goals in the space of three seasons, is he a quality player? Yes. is he or will he be looked upon as one of the greatest Italian Players of all time? No, he would n't make the shortlist.

whyalwaysLee said:
I would look at it this way. Rooney scored 34 goals last season in a side that doesn't have a midfield and the worst injury record in the PL.

Take Rooney out of the equation, and they wouldn't have finished level on points, more like 3 or 4th.

On that basis, he is a very good player. Although, when Ronaldo was in the side he played a supporting role, and with RVP he has reverted to this position once again. Maybe this is where he prefers to play, and not be the focal point.

He has said he prefers to play as the focal point before, after the season he played upfront on his own. The problem is he is not professional or consistent enough and so A. baconface does n't trust him enough to use him as the main goal scorer if he can help it, and B. he has been moved further back and used him to plug the midfield due to lack of depth and quality in that area.

He is a very good player, but world class don't make me laugh. World class gets talked about to easily, in my opinion there are only 2 world class players out thereessi and Ronaldo, everyone else is very very good or below.

1961_vintage said:
Just doesn't seem to get "looked after" by the refs at international level and he knows that if he starts to play the **** like he does week-in week-out for the rags, they just wouldn't tolerate it. So his performances are average at best.

Exactly this. I always advocate this because PL refs let him get away with all sorts, yet in Europe and especially for England, it doesn't happen. Actually I think he might be a bit of a marked man at international level as far as referees go but he's only himself to blame for that.

Of course when he scores a tap in or something off his arse in an England shirt he's better than Messi. What a load of bollocks.

I don't know anyone could call him average, 32 goals for England, 183 goals for United and he will beat their highest goalscoring record before he is 30 he might be an absolute **** but hes a brilliant footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.