Rooney (MERGED)

Re: RAG FANS CHANGING THEIR TUNE TODAY

I just told a United fan that City have offered Rooney 200 grans a week (poor joke I know) and he errupted, he was on his fifth 'mercinary' before it dawned on him what I'd actually said.

Today is an especially good day to be a blue that knows some reds.

U-N-I-T-E-D, feeder club for Man City, with a nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone, Rooney's agent on the phone!

BufordUSABlue said:
superblue91 said:
No i have to agree m8 it would be so much better if we were still going to ,York and Macclesfield for our days out,than dreaming of maybe actually winning the prem then onto the champs league,,,,,,,dear oh dear!!!!!l

Superblue and Matt, both of these points of view have merits and i totally see where Superblue is coming from but the dark days of Div3 (three in old money) still sit uncomfortable with me, having been there and done that (you forgot a rainy Tuesday night defeat at Wycombe by the way!) we have changed and we are moving on rapidly now it seems under a super management team from the office to the playing side. As much as i dispise the badge-kissing scouse lad, especially for the SA rant (I was there and it will be a long, long time before i forgive those players for their inept performances there) In form and fit, he is without a doubt one of the best players in the world and of course we should be interested in him!

But, do we really need him, when everyone is fit, especially with all the baggage that comes with him. Balo is allegedly our one flawed genius, im not sure we can afford 2.......but at the risk of selling my soul to the devil, why not......but we must consider the effect of such a transfer on the rest of the team, not least of which captain Carlos!!

If he says yes - then i say lets do it and go onto rule world football for the next 10 years !!

Hi Buford, I am not harking back to the days of wet Tuesday nights away at Wycombe (sorry Wycombe fans).

I just don't think I will feel anything if we go on to become a dominant force in football because we're prepared to completely sell our collective soul for it.

I admire what Wenger is trying to achieve at Arsenal but I'm not saying that is what we should be doing. Like I said, Blackburn bought success, United did and so did Chelsea. Did their fans feel guilt and walk away? No. And neither should we.

But lets give ourselves some boundaries. There are certain players that I simply couldn't support in a City shirt. Wayne Rooney is one of them. Roy Keane, Ronaldo and Gary Neville are three others.

Peter Schmeical was a good signing for City at the time and I welcomed him. Had we been good enough at the time, I would've welcomed Beckham to City when he left Old Trafford. But Wayne Rooney? Never.

Like I said, I just feel like the signing of Rooney would symbolise the fact that we'd completely sold our soul. I have criticised United for all my football-supporting life. Supporting City, if we were to turn into what United have been for the last 20 years, would be completely hypocritical. And I am not a hypocrite.

allan harper said:
U-N-I-T-E-D, feeder club for Man City, with a nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone, Rooney's agent on the phone!

Class.

Rammyblues wrote:
We are obsessed with the rags - how many fucking pages.

It's because there's a huge chance City have made a move for him.

I just wish there was a symbol for the expression tongue in cheek, or taking the piss.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluekendo said:
I just don't like the way the new manchester city is obsessed with humilating united. Why don't we take the moral high ground?

Fuck off.

The new Manchester City is more concerned with Chelsea than Man Utd.

We have the moral high ground because our fans and club haven't acted like arrogant gloating c.unts for the last 15 years.

This^^^

I have seen a real different side to you this week Dave. I apologise for calling you a pessemist (sp?) etc in the past.

You have been bang on target this week and really stuck up for the club. Good on you fella.

This little city-itis is really pissing me off.

Matt1089 said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Superblue and Matt, both of these points of view have merits and i totally see where Superblue is coming from but the dark days of Div3 (three in old money) still sit uncomfortable with me, having been there and done that (you forgot a rainy Tuesday night defeat at Wycombe by the way!) we have changed and we are moving on rapidly now it seems under a super management team from the office to the playing side. As much as i dispise the badge-kissing scouse lad, especially for the SA rant (I was there and it will be a long, long time before i forgive those players for their inept performances there) In form and fit, he is without a doubt one of the best players in the world and of course we should be interested in him!

But, do we really need him, when everyone is fit, especially with all the baggage that comes with him. Balo is allegedly our one flawed genius, im not sure we can afford 2.......but at the risk of selling my soul to the devil, why not......but we must consider the effect of such a transfer on the rest of the team, not least of which captain Carlos!!

If he says yes - then i say lets do it and go onto rule world football for the next 10 years !!

Hi Buford, I am not harking back to the days of wet Tuesday nights away at Wycombe (sorry Wycombe fans).

I just don't think I will feel anything if we go on to become a dominant force in football because we're prepared to completely sell our collective soul for it.

I admire what Wenger is trying to achieve at Arsenal but I'm not saying that is what we should be doing. Like I said, Blackburn bought success, United did and so did Chelsea. Did their fans feel guilt and walk away? No. And neither should we.

But lets give ourselves some boundaries. There are certain players that I simply couldn't support in a City shirt. Wayne Rooney is one of them. Roy Keane, Ronaldo and Gary Neville are three others.

Peter Schmeical was a good signing for City at the time and I welcomed him. Had we been good enough at the time, I would've welcomed Beckham to City when he left Old Trafford. But Wayne Rooney? Never.

Like I said, I just feel like the signing of Rooney would symbolise the fact that we'd completely sold our soul. I have criticised United for all my football-supporting life. Supporting City, if we were to turn into what United have been for the last 20 years, would be completely hypocritical. And I am not a hypocrite.

100% with you mate.

To be fair, you're talking shit matt. You think buying one of the best players in the world would be selling our soul?

I presume you're aware that United have statues of two ex-City players outside their ground?

You aren't living in the real world. You are living in some strange fantasy land where clubs have 'souls' and 'philosophies' and all of that. Football clubs exist to win, and have done since the 19th century.

How exactly (and I mean be specific here) is buying Rooney selling our soul?
In this answer, I expect you to outline exactly what our soul is, where we got this from, and how we would be losing it by purchasing Rooney, yet kept it whilst employing Joey Barton and Craig Bellamy.

i cant believe it ! how lucky are we? it hurt when we nicked tevez lol this is going to be on another level. we really do have a chance to finish the rags off by here we have to sign Rooney and shut the plastic red cnuts up for good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.