Rooney (MERGED)

Re: RAG FANS CHANGING THEIR TUNE TODAY

Not sure Mancini will want to buy Rooney anyway, he only buys players to do specific jobs, not just because he's one of Football biggest names

Thing is Berts worried about Carlos playing too many games, Rooney would be ideal to sit on bench until Carlos gets a little tired, he would also spark up our 3rd eleven in Carling Cup so on that basis we could find a job for him as 4th choice striker.

Re: RAG FANS CHANGING THEIR TUNE TODAY

Those scums haven't got a clue how toffees felt when Rooney left Goodison park then. Now the rags are RAGing, BITCHing & feeling humiliated that the cockadoodle Rooster is going to jilt them.

Karma is a woman!

ono said:
I'm convinced it's us.

Why i don't think it's Real

They've already ruled themselves out of the running. If this was anybody other than them, we'd believe it. However, this time they may be right. They have Higuain, Benzema, Ozil, Kaka, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Canales and Pedro Leon. Higuain has 31 goals in 39 games last season, and he's started well again this season. Similar story for Ronaldo. Mourinho also seems fairly keen on taking over from Ferguson after Real Madrid sack him (Which they will at some point). I can't see him rocking the boat too much.

Why i don't think it's Barca

Simple really. They've spent their panic money already on Mascherano. They're pretty skint anyway, and had to take a loan out of over £100m in the summer just to pay players wages.

Why i don't think it's Chelsea

They'll probably show a lot of interest to be honest. The problem is the same as the problem they faced when showing an interest in Yaya Toure and David Silva. They're filthy rich, but they can't compete financially with us. On a sporting level they don't hold the Champions League card considering he'd be cup tied anyway. In terms of future prospects they don't really hold an advantage, or if they do, it vanishes as soon as we reach the Champions League. I don't think Coleen would be too happy with him joining Terry and Cole at Chelsea either. Haha. Can you imagine...

Rooney: "I'm just nipping round to JT's for a game of Fifa."

Coleen: "Like fuck you are"

See, that wouldn't work.

Why i don't think it's anyone else

AC Milan don't have a pot to piss in. United wouldn't loan him out. I don't think he'd go to play under Benitez, and i don't think Italy in itself would appeal due to the declining reputation of the league. The only other team in England i've heard as a possible destination is Liverpool, but that's probably not even worth discussing. Staying at United is more likely than the above 3 teams in all honesty.

Why i think it's us

Everything points to us. We have the money to satisfy him, and we have the sporting ambition. We'd move heaven and earth to sign him if he became available...which he has. There's no way in hell we'd let this chance pass without a huge fight. Cook will have been all over for this for a while.

Then there is Coleen. She has a career here. Would she move abroad for him after what he's done? Would she even move out of the north for him? Then there's her little sister. A very small detail but she's reportedly very, very close to her, devoted to seeing her 3 times per week. That would stop with a move outside of the North.

Then we have Cook's napkin, with a potential blockbuster on it. I don't think Balotelli is the blockbuster. Infact i don't think any of the signings over the summer were. We made great signings, but i think it would take a really big name to catch Gallagher's attention like that. Sounds silly, but then Ferguson declares that he knew Rooney wanted out in August. It starts to fall into place.

He's almost certainly got a deal in place with someone. Something this big doesn't get 'leaked' unless it is in preparation for a pre-agreed deal, at least between the player and the club. There's no way in hell Real Madrid would be able to keep quiet over this. They signed Ronaldo 6 times before they actually did ;-)

And, on the last day of the last window, we sold our number 10. We have a nice, shiny number 10 shirt ready to be claimed.

I rest my case. Welcome to Manchester. :-)

If you pick over the language that Fergie used today in the presser it gets interesting.

Why would he feel the need, today to talk about the 'history of the club' '40 trophies' they have won etc etc.

Listen again and you will see that City are basically the opposite of everything he highlights!

I cannot see it being pre-agreed. The rags giving us permission to speak to the player without us agreeing a fee is borderline ludicrous and if that wasn't the case then it'd be illegal / tapping up scam material. Sure, the England lads will all talk and we have plenty of them but it's not as if they can hold that big a pull surely.

I genuinely do not think he will come to City and I have bet £20.00 with a rag on it already who is seemingly resigned to losing him to us. I suppose if I wanted to add fuel to the fire it'd be easy - Cook is nike and nike sponsor Rooney etc but it'd be folly to think that we're negotiating right now and that Jan will just be tying up the formalities (paperwork) between the club.

ono said:
I'm convinced it's us.

They've already ruled themselves out of the running. If this was anybody other than them, we'd believe it. However, this time they may be right. They have Higuain, Benzema, Ozil, Kaka, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Canales and Pedro Leon. Higuain has 31 goals in 39 games last season, and he's started well again this season. Similar story for Ronaldo. Mourinho also seems fairly keen on taking over from Ferguson after Real Madrid sack him (Which they will at some point). I can't see him rocking the boat too much.

Not bad but fergie likes Benzema and Mourinho doesnt so there is that. However Rooney hasnt learnt english yet so learning spanish willnever happen. Us or Chelsea. Or a nice new contract.

fbloke said:
ono said:
I'm convinced it's us.

Why i don't think it's Barca

Simple really. They've spent their panic money already on Mascherano. They're pretty skint anyway, and had to take a loan out of over £100m in the summer just to pay players wages.

Why i don't think it's Chelsea

They'll probably show a lot of interest to be honest. The problem is the same as the problem they faced when showing an interest in Yaya Toure and David Silva. They're filthy rich, but they can't compete financially with us. On a sporting level they don't hold the Champions League card considering he'd be cup tied anyway. In terms of future prospects they don't really hold an advantage, or if they do, it vanishes as soon as we reach the Champions League. I don't think Coleen would be too happy with him joining Terry and Cole at Chelsea either. Haha. Can you imagine...

Rooney: "I'm just nipping round to JT's for a game of Fifa."

Coleen: "Like fuck you are"

See, that wouldn't work.

Why i don't think it's anyone else

AC Milan don't have a pot to piss in. United wouldn't loan him out. I don't think he'd go to play under Benitez, and i don't think Italy in itself would appeal due to the declining reputation of the league. The only other team in England i've heard as a possible destination is Liverpool, but that's probably not even worth discussing. Staying at United is more likely than the above 3 teams in all honesty.

Why i think it's us

Everything points to us. We have the money to satisfy him, and we have the sporting ambition. We'd move heaven and earth to sign him if he became available...which he has. There's no way in hell we'd let this chance pass without a huge fight. Cook will have been all over for this for a while.

Then there is Coleen. She has a career here. Would she move abroad for him after what he's done? Would she even move out of the north for him? Then there's her little sister. A very small detail but she's reportedly very, very close to her, devoted to seeing her 3 times per week. That would stop with a move outside of the North.

Then we have Cook's napkin, with a potential blockbuster on it. I don't think Balotelli is the blockbuster. Infact i don't think any of the signings over the summer were. We made great signings, but i think it would take a really big name to catch Gallagher's attention like that. Sounds silly, but then Ferguson declares that he knew Rooney wanted out in August. It starts to fall into place.

He's almost certainly got a deal in place with someone. Something this big doesn't get 'leaked' unless it is in preparation for a pre-agreed deal, at least between the player and the club. There's no way in hell Real Madrid would be able to keep quiet over this. They signed Ronaldo 6 times before they actually did ;-)

And, on the last day of the last window, we sold our number 10. We have a nice, shiny number 10 shirt ready to be claimed.

I rest my case. Welcome to Manchester. :-)

If you pick over the language that Fergie used today in the presser it gets interesting.

Why would he feel the need, today to talk about the 'history of the club' '40 trophies' they have won etc etc.

Listen again and you will see that City are basically the opposite of everything he highlights!
Just listened to it already. You can see him pretending he doesn't know why. Haha. It's more staged than wrestling.

C_T_I_D said:
I cannot see it being pre-agreed. The rags giving us permission to speak to the player without us agreeing a fee is borderline ludicrous and if that wasn't the case then it'd be illegal / tapping up scam material. Sure, the England lads will all talk and we have plenty of them but it's not as if they can hold that big a pull surely.

I genuinely do not think he will come to City and I have bet £20.00 with a rag on it already who is seemingly resigned to losing him to us. I suppose if I wanted to add fuel to the fire it'd be easy - Cook is nike and nike sponsor Rooney etc but it'd be folly to think that we're negotiating right now and that Jan will just be tying up the formalities (paperwork) between the club.

same, i have a tenner with another city fan that he wont come here

lee-mcfc said:
C_T_I_D said:

same, i have a tenner with another city fan that he wont come here

Lee, give me some reasons why Rooney won't come

Reasons why he would come:

An increase in wage.
We have a top quality squad.
Will be challenging for top honours in many years to come.
Staying in the North West (apparently Coleen wants to stay in the area)

Damocles said:
foolsgold* said:
is the only reason people want him to rub it in yooniteds face??

No, I want him because he is the most complete footballer in the world, and I've argued this for two years.

Just imagine Rooney, Tevez and Balo with Silva in behind.

I don't think I could watch for excitement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.