Rooney (MERGED)

Dubai Blue said:
robbieh said:
Do we want him because he plays for United or because he´s a great player?

When Torres was linked with us there was excitement. This however seems to have got people really up for it.

I hate United but I dont want us making signings based on how it will effect them. Only interested from a City point of view. This bitterness does us no credit.

We do need another striker granted but the downside of Rooney is a) is he past his best? b) will it affect Tevez? and c) his mouthy and unpleasant demeanour on a pitch is not what I associate City with.

So lets steer well clear.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Well for me, it's simply because he is one of the five best strikers in the world.

The fact he plays for scumbags, winner winner, chicken dinner.

Commercially, it takes our revenue streams and global appeal out the park.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Iccklecityitis.

A cure is almost upon us. Tomorrow should be an interesting new perspective...

Really TH?

It appears that work on this might have been going on for quite a while now.

haha the rags calling him a waste of space and shit on ssn, funny as fuck
and how ssn now showing him being shit and injured when in the past theyd be showing his goals and that, its so funny how sky cant get there head out of uniteds arse

Look I don't want this over hyped Has been(my opinion) but just think where he will fit in to our side?.......Left side of the three?.....Would he do the tracking back as well as Milner? there is only one position he can fit into and that is where Tevez plays and in my opinion he is not fit to wipe is arse never mind play in his position..................So hope he runs down his contract and no fucker comes in for him for the money he thinks his worth........Think?...if he runs his contract down he'd want 500grand a week and 4 year contract thats over an 100 million pound player over the four years.......with this fair play rule coming in it would be suicidal business......................

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dubai Blue said:

Well for me, it's simply because he is one of the five best strikers in the world.

My thoughts as well...if we are indeed in for him - ultimately it will be with Mancini's blessing, and his reasons will be footballing reasons alone...

waspish said:
Look I don't want this over hyped Has been(my opinion) but just think where he will fit in to our side?.......Left side of the three?.....Would he do the tracking back as well as Milner? there is only one position he can fit into and that is where Tevez plays and in my opinion he is not fit to wipe is arse never mind play in his position..................So hope he runs down his contract and no fucker comes in for him for the money he thinks his worth........Think?...if he runs his contract down he'd want 500grand a week and 4 year contract thats over an 100 million pound player over the four years.......with this fair play rule coming in it would be suicidal business......................

Largely agree with that plus the earlier posters who pointed out that his "natural fitness" is not in the same league as other top class strikers. I genuinely feel he is close to or just past his peak, 3 or 4 years earlier than most strikers because his body just cannot take the knocks plus his lifestyle doesn't help at all.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dubai Blue said:

And that all makes perfect sense, but I just fucking hate the guy.

Is he a top, top player? Yes, without doubt. Would I like to see him leave the rags? Yes, without a doubt. Could I overcome the intense dislike I have for him and everything he stands for? Hmmmmmmmm, I don't think I could. I hate his all-round attitude on the pitch and simply wouldn't like to see his type at City. I felt exactly the same way about John Terry, so it's not simply his rag connections (even though he does epitomise every single thing they stand for). I just don't like him at all; he's not what I want Manchester City to be associated with.

But it's all about opinions.

I seem to remember we had all this "i hate the red c.unt" fan stuff with Tevez too.

Didn't last long did it? And neither will this if he comes.

Dubai Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And that all makes perfect sense, but I just fucking hate the guy.

Is he a top, top player? Yes, without doubt. Would I like to see him leave the rags? Yes, without a doubt. Could I overcome the intense dislike I have for him and everything he stands for? Hmmmmmmmm, I don't think I could. I hate his all-round attitude on the pitch and simply wouldn't like to see his type at City. I felt exactly the same way about John Terry, so it's not simply his rag connections (even though he does epitomise every single thing they stand for). I just don't like him at all; he's not what I want Manchester City to be associated with.

But it's all about opinions.

I share your opinion entirely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.