Rooney - Plymouth Argyle manager

Thought the perception of him at Derby was largely positive? Just about kept them up in 2022 and then got hit with the points deduction, which he couldn't do much about? Or is that just how the press saw it?
It was his coach that did all the work, Granny Shagger was the front,side & back man !!

Thought the perception of him at Derby was largely positive? Just about kept them up in 2022 and then got hit with the points deduction, which he couldn't do much about? Or is that just how the press saw it?
People didn't really warm to him without being hostile was the feeling. The main ire was towards owner Mel Morris whose gamble failed and put them in financial peril that led to points deductions.

It was his coach that did all the work, Granny Shagger was the front,side & back man !!
I've always laughed at Rooney effect on derby.
From a totally biased position...obviously.
But i did speak to a Derby County FC proper fan the other week
who said Rooney stepped in and paid the players wages etc out of his own money....at a time when Derby were broke.
I believed the man I spoke to. And I have to say,...if true....
Fair play..

I wonder if it's ever crossed his mind to think.."You know what, I'm pretty awful at this management malarkey. Maybe I should try something else."

Given his most recent interview, probably not. It seems it's everybody else's fault for not being good enough.
I’m not sure much crosses his mind apart from visions of pizzas, doughnuts and fry ups.. I bet he counts chips trying to get to sleep ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.