Rooney - Plymouth Argyle manager

Not much makes me LOL on here, but that did!

Didn’t like him as a player, don’t rate him as a manager, and not a particularly lovable person, but I do like hearing him talk about his experiences.

To break out as a kid at Everton, immediately making it in the top flight, then go on to get 120 caps and be the top man for United & England for years, he’s seen and done A LOT!

He’s a street kid like many of us were when we were growing up and I think there’s still quite a bit of that in him, which makes his take on things quite interesting to me.

Tha weird thing is that with his accent, and now with his added weight, understanding what he says is getting harder and harder.

I can only wonder how that goes down on the South Coast!

Well he was definitely a good player and i do admire the fact he played like he meant it when he stepped on the pitch. You could never accuse him of phoning it in.

He peaked very early. I think it's because it's he was built like a fella so young. I think being developed so young with that build and not maintaining a great lifestyle means you probably peak in your early 20s. He was pretty much done by 31/32. Reminds me of Mike Tyson a bit, he was another who peaked very young and was built like a man as a teenager. By the time he was in his 30s, he was getting smashed by journeyman. There's something to it.

That's why I think it's good not to rush youngsters, expecting them to be the finished article right away. I think growing into the sport is a better for a longer peak.

Aside from all that, he's a shite manager. He was a good player but I'm glad he was never a city player. He's very rag-like. He found the right club.

Not much makes me LOL on here, but that did!

Didn’t like him as a player, don’t rate him as a manager, and not a particularly lovable person, but I do like hearing him talk about his experiences.

To break out as a kid at Everton, immediately making it in the top flight, then go on to get 120 caps and be the top man for United & England for years, he’s seen and done A LOT!

He’s a street kid like many of us were when we were growing up and I think there’s still quite a bit of that in him, which makes his take on things quite interesting to me.

Tha weird thing is that with his accent, and now with his added weight, understanding what he says is getting harder and harder.

I can only wonder how that goes down on the South Coast!
Plymouth is a naval port, and has some rough areas, though I doubt it is as bad a Liverpool.

It’s definitely not the genteel place that say, Torbay or Bournemouth allegedly are.

I’d imagine, with his rag connections, he will get a very gentle ride from the local media. Both the BBC and ITV for the South-West are forever kissing Argyle's arse, so I doubt shrek will receive much criticism.

Well he was definitely a good player and i do admire the fact he played like he meant it when he stepped on the pitch. You could never accuse him of phoning it in.

He peaked very early. I think it's because it's he was built like a fella so young. I think being developed so young with that build and not maintaining a great lifestyle means you probably peak in your early 20s. He was pretty much done by 31/32. Reminds me of Mike Tyson a bit, he was another who peaked very young and was built like a man as a teenager. By the time he was in his 30s, he was getting smashed by journeyman. There's something to it.

That's why I think it's good not to rush youngsters, expecting them to be the finished article right away. I think growing into the sport is a better for a longer peak.

Aside from all that, he's a shite manager. He was a good player but I'm glad he was never a city player. He's very rag-like. He found the right club.
I remember when we were linked with him and the debate was should we buy him, my dad said we should, he could sell hot dogs outside the Etihad!

Rooney unfortunately is one of those that because he was a good player and played for the rags it would automatically mean he’d make a good coach/manager.Plymouth who I have nothing against have only themselves to blame for bringing him in and the same applies to any other team that is thick enough to do the same..
I think I said similar when he joined Derby - that I have always been pretty neutral about Plymouth. don’t dislike them, don’t know them very well, saw them at Maine Rd in the cup.
Now I want them to lose every game.
And once he is sacked, can go back to not minding Plymouth as I have done Derby.
I assume this time next season it might be Accrington I hate

I think I said similar when he joined Derby - that I have always been pretty neutral about Plymouth. don’t dislike them, don’t know them very well, saw them at Maine Rd in the cup.
Now I want them to lose every game.
And once he is sacked, can go back to not minding Plymouth as I have done Derby.
I assume this time next season it might be Accrington I hate
Who??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.