Rooney thrown in another transfer request

NipHolmes said:
daveduke67 said:
Anything think that the 'Rooney announces he's going to leave' story is just a money making scam by the rags? You know what their fans are like - they'll be out in the streets of London, Dublin and Tokyo burning shirts, posters and effigies of him. Then he'll announce that he never wanted to leave that wonderful club and it was an emotional knee jerk reaction to baconfaces retirement. Then the rag muppets will be straight online to the rag superstore reordering their Rooney shirts, posters, chop sticks and potato peelers.

By the time they've finished there'll be enough in the bank to buy Ronaldo and pay his wages for 5 years. But the Glazers will take it out and leave them with barely enough for some dodgy geezer from the Polish 3rd division who'll be touted as the next Pele.

Rooney fell out with Ferguson earlier in year and was told RVP was ahead of him as a striker. He's been talking with a few top teams and a move was planned start of the year. Moyes and Rooney have history and Rooney wants out. He will go, United simply want more than the £20m which is being bandied around.

Lewandowski to United won't go away, Dortmund will be gutted to let him go after Gotze signed for them so they will sell anywhere before Munich ideally.

I would settle for that. The thought of Tranny,Bale or Falcao at United is frightening, no matter who the Manager is.

25 Goals a Season from Lewandoski is no different than 25 Goals from Hernandez,Wellbeck and Young between them. He isn't really going to improve them.

johnmc said:
Pigeonho said:
I just can't see Ronaldo playing for Moyes. As much as he appeared to enjoy his time at United, I would say much of that was down to the manager he played for, and with him no longer being there I can't see him wanting to go back. Infact I can't see Moyes attracting any of the big names touted, Falcao etc. Maybe Lewandowski.

When trying to attract the big names they will wheel Taggart out to do a lot of the talking Id imagine, especially to start with.

And as pointed out, the influence of the manager is often overstated. We signed some big players without a renowned manager at the helm, and Chelsea have done that also with Di Matteo.
Guessing you mean Hughes? I think alot of that was the money we flashed. Ade, Tevez et al - we offered them all huge sums and who wouldn't take that money, if offered? It's different now for us. It could be the opposite though with United and Moyes, as a player could get the wages they offer elsewhere, but without that element of the unknown about it. When players came here first I don't think they cared about that element, as money was the factor. A player being looked at by United could now look at it and think, 'that might not work out well, career wise', then join us or Chelsea - where trophies are more certain than at United, and still get that same wage. Everything's changed like that now, I would say.

Pigeonho said:
Guessing you mean Hughes? I think alot of that was the money we flashed. Ade, Tevez et al - we offered them all huge sums and who wouldn't take that money, if offered? It's different now for us. It could be the opposite though with United and Moyes, as a player could get the wages they offer elsewhere, but without that element of the unknown about it. When players came here first I don't think they cared about that element, as money was the factor. A player being looked at by United could now look at it and think, 'that might not work out well, career wise', then join us or Chelsea - where trophies are more certain than at United, and still get that same wage. Everything's changed like that now, I would say.

They are still amongst the top payers in the game remember. So I dont buy into the influence of a manager too much, but obviously for some players it is important. Van Persie for example - I reckon Ferguson could well have made a difference to his decision.

However I also think that for some players, £200k a week under Moyes at the rags would still be a bigger pull than £200k a week under Mancini here. Not everyone obviously.

johnmc said:
Pigeonho said:

They are still amongst the top payers in the game remember. So I dont buy into the influence of a manager too much, but obviously for some players it is important. Van Persie for example - I reckon Ferguson could well have made a difference to his decision.

However I also think that for some players, £200k a week under Moyes at the rags would still be a bigger pull than £200k a week under Mancini here. Not everyone obviously.
Maybe, but that depends on the calibre of player. I think there will be serious consideration from a player as to whether he joins United or not now, as money is never really the main reason to go there, it's trophies too. A player like Ade then, he would go there no probs as they would offer a decent wage and he wouldn't care if he won a trophy or not, but the Falcao's etc, they may well look at the set up now, the manager they've probably never really truly heard much about and they could doubt whether it's going to work. The same money could be offered by us and Chelsea, where success is starting to become regular and it could then be between us and them.

Pigeonho said:
Maybe, but that depends on the calibre of player. I think there will be serious consideration from a player as to whether he joins United or not now, as money is never really the main reason to go there, it's trophies too. A player like Ade then, he would go there no probs as they would offer a decent wage and he wouldn't care if he won a trophy or not, but the Falcao's etc, they may well look at the set up now, the manager they've probably never really truly heard much about and they could doubt whether it's going to work. The same money could be offered by us and Chelsea, where success is starting to become regular and it could then be between us and them.

Maybe in years to come that would be the case, if they arent sucessful for a year or two.

I couldnt really see a player picking Chelsea over the rags at this point in time unless the wages were higher at Chelsea. Chelsea would probably say the same about us but we have more recent sucess than them, and they have shown a little bit of decline where we are still in progress.

Any British club buying him is doing United a huge favour by taking away their joint highest earner and financing the potential purchase of Ronaldo.

I can't see Barca/Madrid/Bayern wanting him which only leaves PSG or some far-flung place like Guangzhou or Anzhi. Rooney will shit himself at the prospect of living in a foreign country as it helps to speak your native language when trying to master a new one.

nomorethaksintimes said:
Any British club buying him is doing United a huge favour by taking away their joint highest earner and financing the potential purchase of Ronaldo.

I can't see Barca/Madrid/Bayern wanting him which only leaves PSG or some far-flung place like Guangzhou or Anzhi. Rooney will shit himself at the prospect of living in a foreign country as it helps to speak your native language when trying to master a new one.

He'd just go to PSG and cling to Beckham like the new kid in school.

ifiwasarichfan said:
NipHolmes said:
daveduke67 said:
Anything think that the 'Rooney announces he's going to leave' story is just a money making scam by the rags? You know what their fans are like - they'll be out in the streets of London, Dublin and Tokyo burning shirts, posters and effigies of him. Then he'll announce that he never wanted to leave that wonderful club and it was an emotional knee jerk reaction to baconfaces retirement. Then the rag muppets will be straight online to the rag superstore reordering their Rooney shirts, posters, chop sticks and potato peelers.

By the time they've finished there'll be enough in the bank to buy Ronaldo and pay his wages for 5 years. But the Glazers will take it out and leave them with barely enough for some dodgy geezer from the Polish 3rd division who'll be touted as the next Pele.

Rooney fell out with Ferguson earlier in year and was told RVP was ahead of him as a striker. He's been talking with a few top teams and a move was planned start of the year. Moyes and Rooney have history and Rooney wants out. He will go, United simply want more than the £20m which is being bandied around.

Lewandowski to United won't go away, Dortmund will be gutted to let him go after Gotze signed for them so they will sell anywhere before Munich ideally.

I would settle for that. The thought of Tranny,Bale or Falcao at United is frightening, no matter who the Manager is.

25 Goals a Season from Lewandoski is no different than 25 Goals from Hernandez,Wellbeck and Young between them. He isn't really going to improve them.

this!

adrianr said:
nomorethaksintimes said:

He'd just go to PSG and cling to Beckham like the new kid in school.

I was told PSG 3 weeks ago, how true who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.