Rooney transfer speculation in here please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rooney

Going through the reasons for not signing Rooney...

His Age: read our thread on Ibra - apparently we will get another 2-3 seasons out of a 31 year old striker. Also we have already bought (in this window) players of Rooney's age. I don't think he is past it - I think he's demotivated and understandably so. He's not going to replace Aguero but do I rate him a better player than Dzeko? Yes I think he's a better player in nearly every aspect of his game.

He's a Rag: So was Tevez. We might hate him but if he signed for us and scored 25 next season I'm sure the haters would grudgingly learn to accept him - particularly when he's celebrating a goal for us in front of the Streford End (remember Schmeichel doing cart wheels?). Football fans are fickle and so are players - I swore I never wanted to see Tevez in a blue shirt again but all was forgotten in the closing matches of our title winning season.

His Personality: Granny shagger? - wasn't my Granny , Posting on Twitter? - not exactly stubbing a cigar out in someone's eye or beating up a fellow player in training. I agree he comes across as a odious twat but I'm not taking him to a garden party with the vicar and I certaintly don't think he's on the same level as Suarez either.

It seems like there are many posts on here with people trying to show who has the biggest blue balls by refusing to even entertain the idea because he's a cnut. If were interested in what's best for City we should be interested in a player of his quality. If posters on here think he's past it or not good enough then fair enough (that's down to opinion) but if he goes to Arsenal or Chelsea you will see a newly motivated player who will strengthen their team.

Re: United thread 2013/14

JoeMercer'sWay said:
what are Chelsea on?

If they want rid of Mata or Luiz then we should be hunting straight away.

surely the scum would look to replace Rooney with a striker ??

unless Welshit and zahahahaha are deemed suitable replacements..

jknight said:

His Age: read our thread on Ibra - apparently we will get another 2-3 seasons out of a 31 year old striker. Also we have already bought (in this window) players of Rooney's age. I don't think he is past it - I think he's demotivated and understandably so. He's not going to replace Aguero but do I rate him a better player than Dzeko? Yes I think he's a better player in nearly every aspect of his game.

He's a Rag: So was Tevez. We might hate him but if he signed for us and scored 25 next season I'm sure the haters would grudgingly learn to accept him - particularly when he's celebrating a goal for us in front of the Streford End (remember Schmeichel doing cart wheels?). Football fans are fickle and so are players - I swore I never wanted to see Tevez in a blue shirt again but all was forgotten in the closing matches of our title winning season.

His Personality: Granny shagger? - wasn't my Granny , Posting on Twitter? - not exactly stubbing a cigar out in someone's eye or beating up a fellow player in training. I agree he comes across as a odious twat but I'm not taking him to a garden party with the vicar and I certaintly don't think he's on the same level as Suarez either.

It seems like there are many posts on here with people trying to show who has the biggest blue balls by refusing to even entertain the idea because he's a cnut. If were interested in what's best for City we should be interested in a player of his quality. If posters on here think he's past it or not good enough then fair enough (that's down to opinion) but if he goes to Arsenal or Chelsea you will see a newly motivated player who will strengthen their team.

I am interested in whats best for City. I don't want to sign a fat smoker who's current team think he's past his best. I also don't want to give our main rivals a huge chunk of money.

I honestly think that Rooney is in decline and with his lifestyle, that decline will be faster than usual for a top quality player.

Rags have a very good track record when it comes to throwing out their rubbish just before it starts to stink too much.

stony said:
jknight said:

I am interested in whats best for City. I don't want to sign a fat smoker who's current team think he's past his best. I also don't want to give our main rivals a huge chunk of money.

I honestly think that Rooney is in decline and with his lifestyle, that decline will be faster than usual for a top quality player.

Rags have a very good track record when it comes to throwing out their rubbish just before it starts to stink too much.
What if he came in and scored 25+ next season? Is that best for City? I would say so.
Whatever he's done off the pitch isn't really of interest, but it is ironic that a player who many loved, (Balotelli), was liked more for his off the pitch stuff when at the same time he didn't really do much on the pitch, which of course isn't in the best interests of City. I would have no problem with Rooney coming in, and you can guarantee a heart-attack inducing celebration in front of the Stretford End when he bangs in our 3rd.
Add to that it's World Cup year, there aren't many negatives now I come to think about it.

It won't happen though, so bollocks.

I'm sure it's already been said, but Chelsea are absolutely stupid if they're offering the best attacking midfielder in the league last season PLUS money for Rooney.

rooney is not a 50 million player 20-25 tops, i would begrudge giving our rivals that kind of money, all they will do is buy ronaldo back with the 25 million and the rest paid over five years

LoveCity said:
I'm sure it's already been said, but Chelsea are absolutely stupid if they're offering the best attacking midfielder in the league last season PLUS money for Rooney.

imo if it is true Chelski should be asking for money plus shrek for mata

stony said:
jknight said:

If you think he's past his best then that's your opinion stony (and at least its a footballing reason) - I still think if he was motivated, making a clean break in a new club he could do a job for someone. The deal would have to be the right one - I don't believe we should pay over the odds (I think we've already shown we won't pay over the odds in this window)

I think Rooney, despite being a c***, is a very good player. The guys a winner, and I think if RVP was not at the rags last year, he would have scored a similar amount to him. I think Mourinho knows what Rooney is about, but that offer is ridiculous. Mata is a top professional, no aggro, gets goals and assists, younger etc. Rooney is good, but he is on a downward spiral, Mata is approaching his peak, and is worth 30 million himself. It's almost a 40 million pound deal, and he isnt worth that. But I think the rags know that they just aren't the same without Rooney and if they lose him they will suffer, Mata would help fill the gap, but Rooney is a match winner and a game changer and Mata does not offer that side to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.