Rooney transfer speculation in here please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rooney

LoveCity said:
I'm sure it's already been said, but Chelsea are absolutely stupid if they're offering the best attacking midfielder in the league last season PLUS money for Rooney.

Yes just doesn't make sense. This would strengthen United (one of their rivals) where they are weakest. If Chelsea are doing this Mourinho must be off his head or have a serious problem with one of his players

Re: United thread 2013/14

Juan Mata PLUS £10 million for Shrek? Surely someone's having a laugh.

A City fan on TalkShite earlier made a good point about the rags playing Chelsea in the 2nd game of the season. I can see the rags wanting to delay any transfer until after that.

Dubai Blue said:

A City fan on TalkShite earlier made a good point about the rags playing Chelsea in the 2nd game of the season. I can see the rags wanting to delay any transfer until after that.

paper talk to pacify the rags hoards.

jknight said:
stony said:
jknight said:
Going through the reasons for not signing Rooney...

His Age: read our thread on Ibra - apparently we will get another 2-3 seasons out of a 31 year old striker. Also we have already bought (in this window) players of Rooney's age. I don't think he is past it - I think he's demotivated and understandably so. He's not going to replace Aguero but do I rate him a better player than Dzeko? Yes I think he's a better player in nearly every aspect of his game.

He's a Rag: So was Tevez. We might hate him but if he signed for us and scored 25 next season I'm sure the haters would grudgingly learn to accept him - particularly when he's celebrating a goal for us in front of the Streford End (remember Schmeichel doing cart wheels?). Football fans are fickle and so are players - I swore I never wanted to see Tevez in a blue shirt again but all was forgotten in the closing matches of our title winning season.

His Personality: Granny shagger? - wasn't my Granny , Posting on Twitter? - not exactly stubbing a cigar out in someone's eye or beating up a fellow player in training. I agree he comes across as a odious twat but I'm not taking him to a garden party with the vicar and I certaintly don't think he's on the same level as Suarez either.

It seems like there are many posts on here with people trying to show who has the biggest blue balls by refusing to even entertain the idea because he's a cnut. If were interested in what's best for City we should be interested in a player of his quality. If posters on here think he's past it or not good enough then fair enough (that's down to opinion) but if he goes to Arsenal or Chelsea you will see a newly motivated player who will strengthen their team.

I am interested in whats best for City. I don't want to sign a fat smoker who's current team think he's past his best. I also don't want to give our main rivals a huge chunk of money.

I honestly think that Rooney is in decline and with his lifestyle, that decline will be faster than usual for a top quality player.

Rags have a very good track record when it comes to throwing out their rubbish just before it starts to stink too much.

If you think he's past his best then that's your opinion stony (and at least its a footballing reason) - I still think if he was motivated, making a clean break in a new club he could do a job for someone. The deal would have to be the right one - I don't believe we should pay over the odds (I think we've already shown we won't pay over the odds in this window)[/quote]

Glad you said that fella...that means he aint coming- phew!!

Completely disagree.

Rooney is capable of 25-30 goals per season up front. Strikers like that, who can also play in midfield, almost priceless

Remember CFC have other creative midfielders.

Mata is good but his impact on a team is nowhere near Rooney's level.

Rooney can do what Mata does And put it in the goal

Dubai Blue said:

good point i hope he goes to chelski and gives full 100 percent payback with gestures to slurgi and the rest of the cockny reds it would make it soo much better

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
stony said:
Rags have a very good track record when it comes to throwing out their rubbish just before it starts to stink too much.
Very good point.

This is true. But they also have a track record of getting rid of players who have dared to cross Bacon Face too - Jaap Stam come to mind

jknight said:
LoveCity said:
I'm sure it's already been said, but Chelsea are absolutely stupid if they're offering the best attacking midfielder in the league last season PLUS money for Rooney.

Yes just doesn't make sense. This would strengthen United (one of their rivals) where they are weakest. If Chelsea are doing this Mourinho must be off his head or have a serious problem with one of his players
But the reverse logic is that if we didn't buy him, 2 teams would be strengthened - the club buying the player and of course United financially. If he's going to go anyway would it not make sense for us to be that club? That way we strengthen. It doesn't matter if we strengthen financially, because someone will anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.