Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Put this in perspective.
£200 million buys 5/6 top notch players. Even if they had that much to spend they need more than 5/6 top players, and even then it would be for the first team. They are no where near having any sort of title challenging squad.

Bit that's what I'm saying, £200m WON'T buy 5 or 6 top notch players. United will need to spend HUGE to bring in top notch players (in a similar way to the way we did before our currect success) as the prospect of joining United at present isn't as attractive as it was a few years back. Potentially no Champion's League, an ageing squad, a tough league with no guarantees of future success, a manager with no track record, and no pulling power, it's a far cry from perennial title challengers, a World renowned manager and almost yearly trophies. If you were a top quality player and United wanted you then they'd need to pay you a lot more now than they would a while back to make it attractive. £200m won't be enough to get the 6 top quality players you suggest.
200 mill could easily get 6 top players if spent correctly. That averages out at around 33.3mill per player.

Yes...and all those players would want at least £200K a week if Rooney gets £300K...

samharris said:
IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
Bit that's what I'm saying, £200m WON'T buy 5 or 6 top notch players. United will need to spend HUGE to bring in top notch players (in a similar way to the way we did before our currect success) as the prospect of joining United at present isn't as attractive as it was a few years back. Potentially no Champion's League, an ageing squad, a tough league with no guarantees of future success, a manager with no track record, and no pulling power, it's a far cry from perennial title challengers, a World renowned manager and almost yearly trophies. If you were a top quality player and United wanted you then they'd need to pay you a lot more now than they would a while back to make it attractive. £200m won't be enough to get the 6 top quality players you suggest.
200 mill could easily get 6 top players if spent correctly. That averages out at around 33.3mill per player.

Yes...and all those players would want at least £200K a week if Rooney gets £300K...
No no no surely they have replacements coming through their famous youth system?

Surely?

Vienna_70 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Vienna_70 said:
The rules were changed after the Tévez saga involving West Ham and Sheffield Blades, I believe. It had certainly altered by the time we came to sign Jô.
It hadn't bloody altered when they signed tevez though.

The question was asked about the Kremlin bench warmer.

Mata cannot be owned by a third party; it would be a contravention of Premier League rules.
Quite right too, but what I can't understand is why loan deals are allowed because the loaning club is an interested party and can insist that the loaned player cannot face his parent club, thus potentially affecting a result before a ball is kicked. That's my twopence worth.

dronefromsector7g said:
samharris said:
IH8MUFC said:

No no no surely they have replacements coming through their famous youth system?

Surely?

Correct just like Wooney did himself

Matty said:
sjk2008 said:
The thing is, Rooney knows he could have got 250k pw at Chelsea if he'd kicked up more of a fuss about going there.

I'm just wondering whether he's been assured that United are actually going to spend big in the summer on a host of players, because given he could get a monstrous packet at Chelsea, it can't only be the money keeping him in Manchester.

If I was Rooney, I'd be begging to go to Chelsea right now - even if it meant a 50k pw reduction on his basic (he could probably make that back in bonuses anyway if he's bought as their #9. The fact he's extended his deal at United tells me there's something more in it.

The fact is that this approach would have worked brilliantly last summer, this coming summer United will have to spend even bigger (certainly on wages to attract the players to a struggling side) and simply won't be attractive to the level of player they want/need. Spending £200m last summer on top level talent is one thing, needing to spend £200m this coming summer just to get good footballers in is entirely different.....

They won't be spending anywhere nears £200m this summer or the next.
The Glazers simply don't have the appetite for that sort of investment.
I believe they will now start to look to offload the club and sell up if they can make a profit on their investment.
The rags are a cash cow for the Glazers and nothing else.

Blue Til Death said:
oldhamblue said:
It could be as simple as his wife saying she won't move down south. Any decent player would surely wait until after the World Cup and see what offers are on the table. Although his record in big tournaments is piss poor.

Rooney has never scored a goal in a world cup finals game. Not sure he ever will, he tends to go missing at the big tournaments as you say by either playing shit or not playing at all.
He'll struggle at this world cup, the conditions and climate wont suit him at all. If anyone is going to struggle in the heat and humidity, its going to be that fat pale freckly bald pastie twat.

Had a look at their Rooney thread and it amazes me when they say they aren't bothered about what he earns. They love going on about what our players earn and how obscene it is and then they break the bank for that pudding !

I think they can shut the fudge up now and accept they have to throw cash at players just to keep them interested.

Vienna_70 said:
Different rules for the rags remember? Tevez?

The rules were changed after the Tévez saga involving West Ham and Sheffield Blades, I believe. It had certainly altered by the time we came to sign Jô.
It hadn't bloody altered when they signed tevez though.
They loaned Tevez

hertsblue said:
Its very funny how twice in the last 3 years he has been unsettled and twice he was happy to stay once offered a new bumper contract. Biggest mercenery there is. He should sign it before the world cup though as his value plumits after key international tourements as he does the square root of fuck all in them.
But 300k a week, what a joke. Ill give it 12 months till he is unhappy again and gets a new 350k a week contract.
He wont go abroad, he burnt his bridges with us, so its only Chelsea or Utd that are his choices.

I think this new deal is around £350K per week.

It's reportedly a 4 and half year deal worth £72 million. I make that around £16 million per year which is around £1.33 million per month or approximately £350K per week.

He'll be around 33 when it comes to an end and he's only going to get fatter was time goes on.

CITYBOY1000 said:
hertsblue said:
Its very funny how twice in the last 3 years he has been unsettled and twice he was happy to stay once offered a new bumper contract. Biggest mercenery there is. He should sign it before the world cup though as his value plumits after key international tourements as he does the square root of fuck all in them.
But 300k a week, what a joke. Ill give it 12 months till he is unhappy again and gets a new 350k a week contract.
He wont go abroad, he burnt his bridges with us, so its only Chelsea or Utd that are his choices.

I think this new deal is around £350K per week.

It's reportedly a 4 and half year deal worth £72 million. I make that around £16 million per year which is around £1.33 million per month or approximately £350K per week.

He'll be around 33 when it comes to an end and he's only going to get fatter was time goes on.

£16 million / year works out at £307,692 / week.

£16 million / 52.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.