Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

Great news for the government. HMRC will get £32M of the £72M. Rooney will only be on £170K per week after tax. I wonder how he'll manage.

west didsblue said:
Great news for the government. HMRC will get £32M of the £72M. Rooney will only be on £170K per week after tax. I wonder how he'll manage.

The trend for top players nowadays is for contractually agreed wages to be paid after tax. If this is the case with Rooney's contract in waiting it'll be even funnier as the rags would have to shell out 40% of the gross amount. (i.e. The £300,000 a week would effectively be only 60% of his gross wages leaving the rags to pay £200,000 in tax). I don't know if Rooney's contract will follow this trend but I sincerely hope it does.

pominoz said:
From what i have read, he has signed fuck all yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting on city's result tonight.....We beat barca, they announce he's signed....just to take the limelight away from us....sad bastards.

SPIDERBOY said:
pominoz said:
From what i have read, he has signed fuck all yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting on city's result tonight.....We beat barca, they announce he's signed....just to take the limelight away from us....sad bastards.
More likely they are hoping we lose so even if they do sign Rooney they've got something to be happy about.

laserblue said:
west didsblue said:

The trend for top players nowadays is for contractually agreed wages to be paid after tax. If this is the case with Rooney's contract in waiting it'll be even funnier as the rags would have to shell out 40% of the gross amount. (i.e. The £300,000 a week would effectively be only 60% of his gross wages leaving the rags to pay £200,000 in tax). I don't know if Rooney's contract will follow this trend but I sincerely hope it does.
Actually 45% tax is paid on anything above £150K per year (about £3K per week).

west didsblue said:
laserblue said:
west didsblue said:

Actually 45% tax is paid on anything above £150K per year (about £3K per week).
£245,454.54 in tax a week for the rags then, that's around 10,000 tickets per home game.

sjk2008 said:
The thing is, Rooney knows he could have got 250k pw at Chelsea if he'd kicked up more of a fuss about going there.

I'm just wondering whether he's been assured that United are actually going to spend big in the summer on a host of players, because given he could get a monstrous packet at Chelsea, it can't only be the money keeping him in Manchester.

If I was Rooney, I'd be begging to go to Chelsea right now - even if it meant a 50k pw reduction on his basic (he could probably make that back in bonuses anyway if he's bought as their #9. The fact he's extended his deal at United tells me there's something more in it.
It's much more likely that he's simply bottled it. He's in his comfort zone at United and probably can't be arsed to truly test himself again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.