Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

Vienna_70 said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Matty said:
Yep, £33.3m per player. Mata cost them £37.1m. Then there's the wages. Then there's the signing on fee. Then there's the agent fees. So, how much did Mata, a very good but NOT a top quality player, actually cost them?

Was it not a 3rd party that bought him?.........is he actually their player?......how does this 3rd party shit work?

Third party ownership is not allowed in the Premier League.

That's why the negotiations to sign Jô were so protracted. He was 'owned' by a third party and we had to extricate him from that to be able to acquire him UNsuccessfully.

Matty said:
IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
Bit that's what I'm saying, £200m WON'T buy 5 or 6 top notch players. United will need to spend HUGE to bring in top notch players (in a similar way to the way we did before our currect success) as the prospect of joining United at present isn't as attractive as it was a few years back. Potentially no Champion's League, an ageing squad, a tough league with no guarantees of future success, a manager with no track record, and no pulling power, it's a far cry from perennial title challengers, a World renowned manager and almost yearly trophies. If you were a top quality player and United wanted you then they'd need to pay you a lot more now than they would a while back to make it attractive. £200m won't be enough to get the 6 top quality players you suggest.
200 mill could easily get 6 top players if spent correctly. That averages out at around 33.3mill per player.
Yep, £33.3m per player. Mata cost them £37.1m. Then there's the wages. Then there's the signing on fee. Then there's the agent fees. So, how much did Mata, a very good but NOT a top quality player, actually cost them?

Mata is a top quality player. Whether Moyes can get that back out of him is another thing entirely. He showed in the two years prior to Mourinho going back to Chelsea just how good he was, and how easily he adapted to the PL.

As for their potential transfer budget - it's not just a case of spunking £200m in transfers alone. There is likely to be a mass cull over at OT at the end of the season. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez are all likely to be off. All those players will be on wages between 75-150k pw at the moment - Anderson, Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez will bring in transfer fees (Juve are still keen on Nani I believe).

Then you have the likes of Young, Valencia and possibly RVP who may or may not be shown the door - a lot more wages and incoming funds. Plus the fact that United seem to have been focusing strongly in the commercial area these last 12-24 months says to me that they will have plenty of wedge to spend. They've already spent £65m on just Fellaini & Mata. I think you'd be naive to think they wont be buying plenty more. I seem to remember you laughing at anyone who deemed to suggest RVP would join United a few summers back, because you were adamant they're not willing to spend that easily?

The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future. It'll take a huge overhaul this summer to turn them instantly back into title challengers, however the aim will certainly be to challenge given they wont have any European fixture backlog for a season. One season out of the CL wont damage them too much, however another season without it and the panic may well set in then - and that's the reason why, along with Rooney's (apparent) commitment, that I feel they have no choice but to spend big in the summer.

And if Moyes fails on top 4 the following season, he'll be out the door for sure.

£65 million on a crap midfielder and a Chelsea sub!

Keep it up wee Davey.

sjk2008 said:
Matty said:
IH8MUFC said:
200 mill could easily get 6 top players if spent correctly. That averages out at around 33.3mill per player.

Mata is a top quality player. Whether Moyes can get that back out of him is another thing entirely. He showed in the two years prior to Mourinho going back to Chelsea just how good he was, and how easily he adapted to the PL.

As for their potential transfer budget - it's not just a case of spunking £200m in transfers alone. There is likely to be a mass cull over at OT at the end of the season. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez are all likely to be off. All those players will be on wages between 75-150k pw at the moment - Anderson, Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez will bring in transfer fees (Juve are still keen on Nani I believe).

Then you have the likes of Young, Valencia and possibly RVP who may or may not be shown the door - a lot more wages and incoming funds. Plus the fact that United seem to have been focusing strongly in the commercial area these last 12-24 months says to me that they will have plenty of wedge to spend. They've already spent £65m on just Fellaini & Mata. I think you'd be naive to think they wont be buying plenty more. I seem to remember you laughing at anyone who deemed to suggest RVP would join United a few summers back, because you were adamant they're not willing to spend that easily?

The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future. It'll take a huge overhaul this summer to turn them instantly back into title challengers, however the aim will certainly be to challenge given they wont have any European fixture backlog for a season. One season out of the CL wont damage them too much, however another season without it and the panic may well set in then - and that's the reason why, along with Rooney's (apparent) commitment, that I feel they have no choice but to spend big in the summer.

And if Moyes fails on top 4 the following season, he'll be out the door for sure.
They might have the same problems as we have had though. Getting rid of moderate players on fat contracts. Easier said than done, and it might mean sending some out on loan with the rags still paying a chunk of their salaries.

Will everyone stop saying that Mata is average, or shit, or similar. The bloke is quality, it's just whether Moyes can fit him into their team.

I was speaking to a Rag in work yesterday about Rooney, and he said he's worth every penny as he's one of the best players in the world. He was serious!

Giving a 5 year 300k a week contract to a player who has wanted out more than once, is shit for a 1/3 of every season, and not in the top 3 or 4 players in the league can only be described as desperate.

A few of my United mates are not happy about it at all. I doubt RVP will be too pleased either.

The fact that he is going to be on over 50% more than the likes of Suarez and Aguero is a pisstake.

IMO, they should be selling him in the summer. Mata is a better no.10 and RVP a better striker. Rooney isn't going to get better over the next 3-5 years and he certainly wouldn't put up with being benched too often.

The worrying thing (for them) is that at his age he should be in the peak of his career at optimal fitness and playing arguably his best football.

I genuinely think he peaked about 3 or 4 years ago and has never really got back to those heights, and I don't think he ever will.

He clearly doesn't look after his fitness so the chances of him still playing at a decent level at 32 are pretty slim (pardon the pun).

sjk2008 said:
Matty said:
IH8MUFC said:

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez , Giggs
Young, Valencia and possibly RVP

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.
I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.

blueparrot said:
sjk2008 said:
Matty said:

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez , Giggs
Young, Valencia and possibly RVP

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.
I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.

Wont be long before Stockport County are their biggest rivals, how poetic in the justice department would that be ;-))

sjk2008 said:
The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future.

To me, it's a sign they are throwing money away.
Fellaini? Ideal in a team lumping a long ball into the box. The United way? Not for a minute.
Mata? Bench warmer at Chelsea who doesn't seem to fit in with Van Rapist & Shrek
Shrek? £300k a week for someone who is in and out at the moment. Only can go downhill over the next few years due to shape, smoking, age etc.
Any other target? Will they come to a club with no European football or Thursday night league at best?
Not in my eyes.
Paying roughly £70m for Mata in fee and wages for the next 4 years and a similar amount for Shrek doesn't say to me "Look other players. We are not prepared to settle for mid table"
To me it says "We are prepared to throw perfume over a turd even though, at the end of the day, it'll still be a turd."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.