Rooney's contract

I'm not sure what else the rags could have done.

What would they get for him. Max say £30m. Who could they get of equal footballing talent never mind the commercial attraction he brings for that amount.

Look at this way. They sell Rooney for £30m but have to spend £40m on a replacement but on £150k a week. They aren't gaining much money by doing that, losing commercial revenue as they wouldn't get a Messi or Ronaldo to replace and its a gamble on the football side integrating a new, no doubt foreign player.

Contrast with our signing of Ferdandinho. That's £30m fee (plus signing on fees and agents fees etc) on a 4 year deal of say £150k a week. Total 61m. Resigning Rooney without a fee is costing them £78m over 5 years. Unfortunately Rooney will make the £17m difference up over the length of the contract through sponsors and shirt sales.

If Rooney was a new signing at £30m and a wage of £200k a week say for Chelsea people wouldn't say that was out if the ordinary but would still cost them the same as it's costing the rags. He has held them ransom and the best bit proven he's there for money not love of the club.

Had to laugh when I read he is to remain as an ambassador after his contract expires. Selling themselves.

Went down the pub around 8.00. Sky Sports News on the telly, no sound thankfully. Shrek's latest contract on rotation. Left pub around 12.15, Shrek's latest contract still on rotation. Apart from a couple of shots of Rodgers Bodgers and that Scottish Bird speedskater, I don't recall anything else on view. It's hilarious to witness the meltdown, but for fuck's sake Sky? Can anyone be arsed to tune in tomorrow dinner? With 3D telly, I suggest you're gonna be ducking a lot of semen if you do!

RyanP3609 said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-highest-earner-premier-3170220

I'll quote part of it...about who are the top 2 highest earners in the prem, according to this;

"1. Wayne Rooney - Top of the table is Wayne Rooney who now takes home a jaw-dropping £300,000-a-week. Give us a fiver Wayne".

"2. At £240,000-a-week to former Barcelona man Yaya Toure costs big spending Manchester City more a week than a Wonga loan".

If we'd have been the first to break the 300k barrier for wages per week we'd have been hung out to dry by the media.

It's laughable that there putting this in a positive manner, I'm happy he's taken them for yet another ride. It just gives us more ammo next time they say we bought the league... there trying to buy 4th place! To top it all off there making him an ambassador when he retires! Laughable considering he's taken them to the cleaners twice!

What about all those with parity contracts at UTD - I thought at least 2 other players had a "Get paid the same as the top earner" written into their contracts. Namely Camel Face and Van Rapist - so whats the score there then?

You can imagine all top players who have big reputations in Europe and World football looking at this and if the RAG's want to sign them they will need to pay them more than Rooney, not like they will get them anyway but it makes it harder for them.

Kinkys Left Foot said:
RyanP3609 said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-highest-earner-premier-3170220

I'll quote part of it...about who are the top 2 highest earners in the prem, according to this;

"1. Wayne Rooney - Top of the table is Wayne Rooney who now takes home a jaw-dropping £300,000-a-week. Give us a fiver Wayne".

"2. At £240,000-a-week to former Barcelona man Yaya Toure costs big spending Manchester City more a week than a Wonga loan".

If we'd have been the first to break the 300k barrier for wages per week we'd have been hung out to dry by the media.

It's laughable that there putting this in a positive manner, I'm happy he's taken them for yet another ride. It just gives us more ammo next time they say we bought the league... there trying to buy 4th place! To top it all off there making him an ambassador when he retires! Laughable considering he's taken them to the cleaners twice!

What about all those with parity contracts at UTD - I thought at least 2 other players had a "Get paid the same as the top earner" written into their contracts. Namely Camel Face and Van Rapist - so whats the score there then?

Camel gob will be leaving for sure, as for VanP that will develop, a nice pay rise or more injury problems?
I agree about trying to sign other top names, this has set a precedent and one that agents will use for their clients when negotiating with the scum.

It's all part of the bigger picture when Maureen comes a calling in summer.
Mark my words..Shrek will be off if they don't get champions league. This is just a little bit of insurance so they get a half decent fee for a bald granny shagging ****.

Ambassador?? Brilliant....More glitter getting sprinkled on the shit at the swamp.
Desperate times I am afraid. It's funny because they go on about spending 200 million pounds etc in summer so they guarantee champs league football after next season. So does that mean the likes of City,Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea just stick with what they have got.
I honestly think they are going to have a few years at least in the wilderness ala Liverpool.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:56 am --<br /><br />Are the rags exempt from FFP???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.