Rooney's contract

supercrystal7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:
Awful bit of business from United and despite the press trying to portray it any other way it makes them look like laughing stocks. 300k for a player of Rooney's ability is a joke. Ferguson had actually managed the situation well and had Rooney backed into a corner. United could have sold him abroad where he would have failed and then used the money to buy someone like Özil!!!,. Instead they are now paying him a fortune and RVP is likely to be out.
Yes Ozil the transfer flop. The biggest waste of money ever. What has he done in his first season. It's not like he has propelled a team struggling to make top 4 into genuine title challengers and a point off the top. It's not like he helped lead them out of the toughest group in the CL and to the quarters of the FA cup. Nope he is a complete failure.

Except he hasn't. I thought better of you than to buy into that myth. Ramsey has more to do with Arsenals position that Ozil.

Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yes Ozil the transfer flop. The biggest waste of money ever. What has he done in his first season. It's not like he has propelled a team struggling to make top 4 into genuine title challengers and a point off the top. It's not like he helped lead them out of the toughest group in the CL and to the quarters of the FA cup. Nope he is a complete failure.
Oh dear it looks like you Londons have really bought into that myth.
Its with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that Arsenal will be found wanting once more.
They're fucked me ol' China.
I am sure Arsenal will be found wanting. I don't think anyone ever expected Arsenal to challenge for anywhere near as long as they should have. Like I said without Ozil they would be fighting Tottenham for top 4, just finished playing in the Europa League and out of the FA cup (if not to Tottenham then definitely Liverpool.)

The majority of people predicted a table that looked somewhat like this.

City/Chelsea
(small gap)
United
(gap)
Arsenal/Tottenham/Liverpool

supercrystal7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:
Its with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that Arsenal will be found wanting once more.
I am sure Arsenal will be found wanting. I don't think anyone ever expected Arsenal to challenge for anywhere near as long as they should have. Like I said without Ozil they would be fighting Tottenham for top 4, just finished playing in the Europa League and out of the FA cup (if not to Tottenham then definitely Liverpool.)

City/Chelsea
(small gap)
United
(gap)
I'm not ripping you mate but its more than obvious that Ozil's hit the wall well before anyone would've expected. The boy's flatlined and so have Arsenal

Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

City/Chelsea
(small gap)
United
(gap)
I'm not ripping you mate but its more than obvious that Ozil's hit the wall well before anyone would've expected. The boy's flatlined and so have Arsenal

I agree with you here he and Arsenal have hit the wall. Anyway let's leave this thread for United wasting 300k on Rooney.

supercrystal7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:

City/Chelsea
(small gap)
United
(gap)

I agree with you here he and Arsenal have hit the wall. Anyway let's leave this thread for United wasting 300k on Rooney.
Good idea:-)

supercrystal7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
supercrystal7 said:

City/Chelsea
(small gap)
United
(gap)

THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK, EVERY WEEK

FOR FIVE AND A HALF YEARS

AND THEY APPOINTED DAVID MOYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Any effect Ozil has had has been psychologic, as on the field he's been bang average. His signing lifted the spirits of the players and fans, which combined with a very generous run of fixtures early on has lead to Arsenal being at the top, but he personally, has had little to do with any of that.

Desperate measures by Utd. £300000 a week on a five year contract for a player of 29 who is now passed his peak.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-highest-earner-premier-3170220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3170220</a>

I'll quote part of it...about who are the top 2 highest earners in the prem, according to this;

"1. Wayne Rooney - Top of the table is Wayne Rooney who now takes home a jaw-dropping £300,000-a-week. Give us a fiver Wayne".

"2. At £240,000-a-week to former Barcelona man Yaya Toure costs big spending Manchester City more a week than a Wonga loan".

If we'd have been the first to break the 300k barrier for wages per week we'd have been hung out to dry by the media.

It's laughable that there putting this in a positive manner, I'm happy he's taken them for yet another ride. It just gives us more ammo next time they say we bought the league... there trying to buy 4th place! To top it all off there making him an ambassador when he retires! Laughable considering he's taken them to the cleaners twice!

RyanP3609 said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-highest-earner-premier-3170220

I'll quote part of it...about who are the top 2 highest earners in the prem, according to this;

"1. Wayne Rooney - Top of the table is Wayne Rooney who now takes home a jaw-dropping £300,000-a-week. Give us a fiver Wayne".

"2. At £240,000-a-week to former Barcelona man Yaya Toure costs big spending Manchester City more a week than a Wonga loan".

If we'd have been the first to break the 300k barrier for wages per week we'd have been hung out to dry by the media.

It's laughable that there putting this in a positive manner, I'm happy he's taken them for yet another ride. It just gives us more ammo next time they say we bought the league... there trying to buy 4th place! To top it all off there making him an ambassador when he retires! Laughable considering he's taken them to the cleaners twice!

''top of the table''

well at least they are for summat now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.