Rooney's contract

I just think its laughable how every media source is reporting how this is a good thing for Utd and value for money yet if we paid someone 300k a week we would be ridiculed to death, and called everything under the sun by more or less every single media source and no doubt Sky would be asking questions of other managers and probably UEFA trying to stir things more.
All the Utd mouth pieces being wheeled out to justify it also.

Just so laughable though especially the Ambassador bit. What an example heh.
Cheating on wife, transfer requests x 2, holding club to ransom, crap for his National team, dirty player that like Scholes would get 3-4 red cards a year if they played for any other team in the PL meaning 1/2 the campaign missed through suspension.

Whats even funnier is they are now playing catch up next season so now once again breaking the money tables, paying the highest wages now, keep talking about this 200 million spend in the summer. Is paying over the odds in wages and paying huge transfer fees trying to catch up what they accused us of doing?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Pigeonho said:
Talksport laying the bait for people to phone in and slate this deal. Only caller so far - a blue, Tony, who said its a good deal.
Thought he was gonna batter the deal when he came on.
Is 'Tony' from Stockport by any chance?
Definitely a blue, he had a little dig about them not affording anyone in the summer, or indeed the wages for Rooney but also said the deal was the right one. Odd.

Pigeonho said:
Talksport laying the bait for people to phone in and slate this deal. Only caller so far - a blue, Tony, who said its a good deal.
Thought he was gonna batter the deal when he came on.

I reckon he is a rag or a none city fan he talks a load of bollocks

United have made two catastrophic blunders in the last 12 months. The Rooney deal is the second one...the first was appointing David "Not on my Watch" Moyes. The sycophantic coverage in the media is pathetic.

andthesunshineband said:
Went down the pub around 8.00. Sky Sports News on the telly, no sound thankfully. Shrek's latest contract on rotation. Left pub around 12.15, Shrek's latest contract still on rotation. Apart from a couple of shots of Rodgers Bodgers and that Scottish Bird speedskater, I don't recall anything else on view. It's hilarious to witness the meltdown, but for fuck's sake Sky? Can anyone be arsed to tune in tomorrow dinner? With 3D telly, I suggest you're gonna be ducking a lot of semen if you do!

Woke up this morning put on Sky Sports wall to wall granny shagger wankathon going on ended up turning over to watch Wigan get guffed at Rugby.

David Bond on the BBC site saying its a great deal... United have protected their biggest asset. By handing him a 5 year deal - he will have no sell on value at the end of the deal - so from today he simply becomes a huge liability (£70m) and a declining asset.

People saying the deal has to be considered based on how much it would cost to replace him are forgetting that he will be nearly 34 by the time his contract runs out. It would have made much more sense to sell him now while he is still worth something, use the money to buy a younger replacement on less wages who would still be worth something in 5 years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.