Rooney's contract

goatersnipple said:
Rammyblues said:
I am seriously debating whether to watch any of Englands games in the WC, not sure I can take a wankfest over him. I think I might just stick to watching anyone but england. Very unpatriotic I know.
Totally agree mate not just that fst usless ****
But smalling cleverly jones carrick youbg and wellbeck its s fucking joke
And Zaha.

And therein lies England's problem - spent too long relying on players who only look good because Ferguson got the best out of them. An England side based on a mid-table team is no one's idea of a World Cup challenger!

As for Rooney's contract, it is good news for everyone except the poor sod who has to try to attract world class players to the club.

bacuzzi said:
Well balanced article on the implications of the new contract in the independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-one-thing-manchester-united-rip-9146736.html

My favourite bits are:
"The new regime at Old Trafford may be able successfully to promote Rooney as the public face of Mister Potato, “Official Savoury Snack Partner of Manchester United”, but they have been exposed as naïve and narrow-minded."

"The Glazers have already signalled their intention to reduce stewards’ wages in the event of failure to qualify for the Champions’ League. Season-ticket holders will be expected to pay full price for the privilege of watching teams of the quality of FC Sherriff, Pacos de Ferreira and CS Pandurii in the Europa League."

and undoubtedly the most poignant

"There used to be a football club on Sir Matt Busby Way. It is now lying in state in a funeral parlour in Florida. Manchester United, RIP."
Is that real? Fucking hell! What a damning article!

Pigeonho said:
bacuzzi said:
Well balanced article on the implications of the new contract in the independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-one-thing-manchester-united-rip-9146736.html

My favourite bits are:
"The new regime at Old Trafford may be able successfully to promote Rooney as the public face of Mister Potato, “Official Savoury Snack Partner of Manchester United”, but they have been exposed as naïve and narrow-minded."

"The Glazers have already signalled their intention to reduce stewards’ wages in the event of failure to qualify for the Champions’ League. Season-ticket holders will be expected to pay full price for the privilege of watching teams of the quality of FC Sherriff, Pacos de Ferreira and CS Pandurii in the Europa League."

and undoubtedly the most poignant

"There used to be a football club on Sir Matt Busby Way. It is now lying in state in a funeral parlour in Florida. Manchester United, RIP."
Is that real? Fucking hell! What a damning article!
It wouldn't be right to describe it as 'well balanced' tbf.

hedkandi said:
Sunday supplement .....trying to justify Rodney's contract. Laughable

Can't watch that programme for more than a minute, smug idiots. Also laughable how Rooney's contract is being dressed up as a new signing, when did a player who extended his contract before get treated like a new addition to a squad before?

oman0115 said:
hedkandi said:
Sunday supplement .....trying to justify Rodney's contract. Laughable

Can't watch that programme for more than a minute, smug idiots. Also laughable how Rooney's contract is being dressed up as a new signing, when did a player who extended his contract before get treated like a new addition to a squad before?

Scraping the barrel !

what has changed from 5 years ago?

Well Rooney is older,fatter,balder,slower and scores and assists less....but,

He earns twice as much money...

The real winners here are Rooney,Cleen & the agent and old manc based grannies.

Given how he seems to treat his body during the off season, it's hard to imagine he will be able to maintain current fitness levels in the 2nd & 3rd year of this contract.
I can see him declining rapidly.
Now the inks dry on the contract it's easy to imagine him relaxing a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.