Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

im gettin board off everyone slaggin him off
he scored over 20 goals in a poor blackburn team at best he didn't have a good season last season cos off injury and the fact that when he did play he was playin in an even worse blackburn side.

iff he can score 20+ playing for blackburn what will he do with balls from barry robinho wright-phillips irland and tevez

Blankomania said:
I don't get what everybody is moaning about?

We need a target man who can actually head the ball which eto is not by the way. So what if we pay 18 million for him if he scores over 20 a season like mark hughes got out of him at blackburn then he will be a steal.

If he gets injured and doesn't score then it will be mark hughes or suffers because it will affect our league position.

Basically its a gamble by mark hughes. To be honest i think hughes knows the odds more than any of us. So just sit back and watch to see if it comes off.

mark hughes will suffer? what about us? if bellamy and santa cruz were bargain buys i could deal with it. hughes doesn't like to gamble on players apparently. he likes players he knows. isn't it a much bigger gamble buying players whose fitness can't be relied upon.

badge said:
Blankomania said:

We need a target man who can actually head the ball which eto is not by the way. So what if we pay 18 million for him if he scores over 20 a season like mark hughes got out of him at blackburn then he will be a steal.

If he gets injured and doesn't score then it will be mark hughes or suffers because it will affect our league position.

Basically its a gamble by mark hughes. To be honest i think hughes knows the odds more than any of us. So just sit back and watch to see if it comes off.

mark hughes will suffer? what about us? if bellamy and santa cruz were bargain buys i could deal with it. hughes doesn't like to gamble on players apparently. he likes players he knows. isn't it a much bigger gamble buying players whose fitness can't be relied upon.

To be honest i think mark hughes knows more about his fitness than you or anyone else on this forum.

Like I said if it comes off and he scores the goals then mark hughes is a genius. If it doesn't and we don't finish in the top six then mark will get the blame.

Enjoy the ride its man city. If there wern't any gambles on the way it wouldn't be the same club :)

Blankomania said:
badge said:
Blankomania said:

To be honest i think mark hughes knows more about his fitness than you or anyone else on this forum.

Like I said if it comes off and he scores the goals then mark hughes is a genius. If it doesn't and we don't finish in the top six then mark will get the blame.

Enjoy the ride its man city. If there wern't any gambles on the way it wouldn't be the same club :)
Ideally we need a big presence up front. If not Santa Cruz then who?

Jo, Crouch, Adebayor, Heskey, Carew? Santa Cruz is the best of his type who we could feasibly sign. The medical is the chance to sus out his health. And Hughes and his staff no much more about his fitness than we do.

Does anyone know if we have appointed a new physio and club doctor yet as they left the other week didn't they? who will do the medicals in their abscence? I always thought our injuries started off as minor problems and ended up with players missing large parts of the season, compared to the rags when they are supposedly out for 10 weeks they were back in 2, so hopefully the new medical team will bring some improvement on that front as well.

g180aj said:
im gettin board off everyone slaggin him off
he scored over 20 goals in a poor blackburn team at best he didn't have a good season last season cos off injury and the fact that when he did play he was playin in an even worse blackburn side.

iff he can score 20+ playing for blackburn what will he do with balls from barry robinho wright-phillips irland and tevez
A poor Blackburn side that finished 8th.......to our 10th last year.

Barring the injuries last year, the big contributing factor into why RSC goals were down last year was that they sold Bentley to the spuds for £16 million, although he's been dog shit at Spurs this time round he wasn't at that point and was being tipped to be the one to take over from Beckham in the England set up.

Think he could thrive on crosses being delivered by Petrov down the left, or Elano/SWP providing them from the right. Only time will tell but this signing definately gives us more options to play with

petrov has his work cut ut geting into this team.

if tevez signs looks like a 3 man forward line. And quality on the bench, and in the middle

Are people still moaning about this? For fucks sake, do you really think we're putting all our eggs in one basket with RSC? I don't like to comment on our fans on the board, which could be down to me being naive or just hoping for the best that everyone will soon calm down, get their heads outr of tehir arses, give them a wobble and take a taxi down Reality Street, but we officially have clueless fans who can't see the bigger picture.

Instead of contorting your faces in disgust everytime you see the mere mention of our manager's name or players he wants to sign that he has worked with before and claiming that 'its his injuries I'm worried about', take a look at our options up front. Now take a look at who we could sign that we know would make a difference. Does RSC come in that category? I think so. Great player, someting we haven't got at the moment and someone who can give us the option to play a few different types of tactics in the same game (if Hughes picks him - we do have other strikers too).

£18m. You believe that? Well done. You're a different kind of special altogether.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Are people still moaning about this? For fucks sake, do you really think we're putting all our eggs in one basket with RSC? I don't like to comment on our fans on the board, which could be down to me being naive or just hoping for the best that everyone will soon calm down, get their heads outr of tehir arses, give them a wobble and take a taxi down Reality Street, but we officially have clueless fans who can't see the bigger picture.

Instead of contorting your faces in disgust everytime you see the mere mention of our manager's name or players he wants to sign that he has worked with before and claiming that 'its his injuries I'm worried about', take a look at our options up front. Now take a look at who we could sign that we know would make a difference. Does RSC come in that category? I think so. Great player, someting we haven't got at the moment and someone who can give us the option to play a few different types of tactics in the same game (if Hughes picks him - we do have other strikers too).

£18m. You believe that? Well done. You're a different kind of special altogether.

* STANDING OVATION *

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.