Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

bluebrandon said:
podolski record of goals per game is far superior in germany than rsc, and in germany most people would probably tell you podolski is a far better player than rsc was.
Well RSC was voted the worst striker in Bundesliga history last year, so that wouldn't be hard to be rated higher!!!

not blaming hughes for anything if you look at the players we bought they are in direct comparison to the timing of the players i suggest and clearly torres went for 25 mill to liverpool and at the time if you remember we matched the offer of liverpools and should of beaten it.

Daz_Blue said:
Barry 12m and RSC 17m

Only leaves us 221m to spend

What the fuck are we gonna do . :)

yeah, I agree, Daz Blue, it's really worrying we are spending too much on RSc and Barry; tut tut; other sides will now know we are a soft touch and will ask too much...;0)

I've news for the guys saying that; they were ALREADY doing so. Plus does it matter if we have the boodle? In any case, we've already walked away from deals where too much was asked (per Garry Cook himself in interviews) and it's a risky game for selling clubs to play, too.

Also, what makes people believe it's £17m/£18m anyway? Because the media says so? Ffs, are people dim or something? My guess is it will be £17m/£18m ONLY IF he plays X number of games, scores X goals etc etc.. I used to be involved in contract negotiations, and in case of doubt it was standard practice to put performance clauses in place; it's not rocket science, you know; headline figures seldom tell the whole story. And if so, and it eventually costs the full sum, we will have a bargain because he will have done the biz..

just been looking at rsc goals and they look good, only one problem for me its david bentley that puts the ball on his head in 80% of them. another player that had one good year lets hope rsc can recreate his form without him.

bluebrandon said:
rsc 18 mill, jo 19 mill, bellamy 14 mill = 51 million, not good value for money imo

torres 25 mill, podolski 10 mill, henry 10 mill, and still have change would of been a better investment, just a thought.

this is why ure not the manager ha ha

cant imagine my three would be any good mind you why change anything, away form was good and the performance in the domestic cups was quite outstanding, also we could let more players fly off from training camps just to keep moral up.

who cares about podoski he's not comin to city but rsc is
stop slaggin him off an get behind him
support ure team!!!!!!!!!

svennis pennis said:
Ricster said:
ello_jo said:
First time, I've posted on this thread and too be honest I bet it's full of idiots saying what a complete twat hughes is etc.etc. I think it's a great signing, look at him in his first season, he was awesome every chance he got he scored. Have we got a natural goalscorer? No, well now we have. He might have been so injured last year because he didn't go through Hughes' gruelling training pre-season. I reckon he'll get him back in shape an he'll be quality.

But his overall record doesn't justify his price tag. Thats what im pissed about.

Ricster what do you have to say to this taken from mancityfans?

RSC's record inc sub appearances is apparently. P:235 Goals: 67 rate 1 goal per 3.507 which apparently is shite

RIG's statistics probably missing sub appearances & some lesser games give him 59 goals in 159 games which apparently is shite (that's 1 goal per 2.69 games)

Neil Young for City: p 334 goals 86= 1 per 3.883

Apparently Neil Young was shite.

Wyn Davies:

Newcastle 216/ goals: 53 1 per 4.075 Shite
City 45/8 1 per 5.6

No wonder we bought Marsh, Wyn Davies was shite.

Joe Royle for City : 99/23 1 goal per 4.3 shite.

Nicolas Anelka pre City:

PSG: P10 Goals 1
Arsenal: P65 Goals 23
Real: P19 Goals 2
PSG: P39 Goals 10
Liverpool: P20 Goals 4

Total 153/40 1 goal per 3.82 games

Why did we sign Anelka? He was obviously shite! 1 decent season for Arsenal! 4 in 20 games for Liverpool!! He'll never do it in the PL!!

Can you all do me a favour (Dennis Bergkamp 11 in 52 for Inter by the way)

When any of you decide to quote your clever statistics to show whether we should sign a player or not, instead, print them out & stick them up your arse.

Obviously being 31, i cant comment on our older players. Anelka is a mystery, and dependent on his attitude. I thought he was quite a lazy player for us and got caught offside far too often. He also missed 2, 1 on 1's against Groclin that year in the Uefa cup. Dont get me wrong, i'd definately take him back as its a marked improvement on what we have.

Bergkamp i dont think you can compare with RSC. Its like comparing Robinho with him. Bergkamp was a different kind of player altogether and not an out and out striker that RSC is.

Again both my opinions and no doubt i'll get slated once again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.