Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: santa cruz set for city medical

celf said:
NSBFL said:
I just hope that if the fee is indeed a sizable one, like the 15 million being quoted, that it is based on appearances. I know we have plenty of money available to us, but there is no reason to take unneccessary risks. It seems that since Sept 1st 2008, we appear to be happy offering straight cash, no strings (please correct me if I'm wrong) - I just think that's a bad idea in the case of RSC. Modest downpayment, raising to the asking price if he makes "x" number of premier league appearances for us.

i think u will find this to b the case,these guys arnt dummies after all.

I hope they give rovers TBH in the deal .............. even if it's a free gift

nickson71 said:
celf said:
NSBFL said:
I just hope that if the fee is indeed a sizable one, like the 15 million being quoted, that it is based on appearances. I know we have plenty of money available to us, but there is no reason to take unneccessary risks. It seems that since Sept 1st 2008, we appear to be happy offering straight cash, no strings (please correct me if I'm wrong) - I just think that's a bad idea in the case of RSC. Modest downpayment, raising to the asking price if he makes "x" number of premier league appearances for us.

To Be Honest?

I'd give them Ben Haim

Kennedy_probably_has said:
nickson71 said:
celf said:
NSBFL said:

To Be Honest?

I'd give them Ben Haim

Tal Ben-Haim .................TBH

I hope they give rovers TBH in the deal .............. even if it's a free gift[/quote]

To Be Honest?

I'd give them Ben Haim[/quote]

Tal Ben-Haim .................TBH[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up!!

(sigh)

so we are the richest club in the world, he knows that this season will make or break him as manager of City so he is going to sign a player who he feels is akin to waterford crystal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he signs he will have to pass the strictest of medicals,and I for one will back MH's judgement along with that of the medical team.

MCFC-alan88 said:
C_T_I_D said:
I would actually like us to sign Roque Santa Cruz. I think he is an intelligent player who knows how to create space for other players to exploit which would be a dream alongside Robinho and Stevie Ireland. I think he is better in the air than what you give him credit for and I think he is a better player generally than what many give him credit for. He scored 23 goals in his first season and did not want to be there in his second season at the club. I do not believe he will spend a third season there.

You are forgetting the influence that Mark had on his career. He bought him to England and utilised his strength to support the tactics he enforces. He took a £3.5 million chance on a player that is now worth four times that amount in terms of monies that we would have to be prepared to pay to purchase that player.

He is unhappy at his current club and stated previously that it would be an honour to play alongside a player of Robinhos talent and to link up with his previous manager. A come and get me plea if ever you saw one! He would be playing alongside superior talented players if he joins us which will enable him to fulfil his role to a superior standard, rather than endure the shit service that Blackburn Rovers midfield (minus Tugay now) provide for him. If he played a lot last season then you would have also had to take into consideration the absence of David Bentley and the service he provided helping him to score that amount of goals in the season where he scored 23 goals.

Yes, he has been injured and he would be a risk, but in my opinion if it's a well calculated one given that the manager knows the player and that he is given a thorough medical inspection then at the end of the day I would be happy to proceed with the purchase of this player.

I am in total agreement with this. good post.

me too

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
C_T_I_D said:
I would actually like us to sign Roque Santa Cruz. I think he is an intelligent player who knows how to create space for other players to exploit which would be a dream alongside Robinho and Stevie Ireland. I think he is better in the air than what you give him credit for and I think he is a better player generally than what many give him credit for. He scored 23 goals in his first season and did not want to be there in his second season at the club. I do not believe he will spend a third season there.

You are forgetting the influence that Mark had on his career. He bought him to England and utilised his strength to support the tactics he enforces. He took a £3.5 million chance on a player that is now worth four times that amount in terms of monies that we would have to be prepared to pay to purchase that player.

He is unhappy at his current club and stated previously that it would be an honour to play alongside a player of Robinhos talent and to link up with his previous manager. A come and get me plea if ever you saw one! He would be playing alongside superior talented players if he joins us which will enable him to fulfil his role to a superior standard, rather than endure the shit service that Blackburn Rovers midfield (minus Tugay now) provide for him. If he played a lot last season then you would have also had to take into consideration the absence of David Bentley and the service he provided helping him to score that amount of goals in the season where he scored 23 goals.

Yes, he has been injured and he would be a risk, but in my opinion if it's a well calculated one given that the manager knows the player and that he is given a thorough medical inspection then at the end of the day I would be happy to proceed with the purchase of this player.

I am in total agreement with this. good post.

me too

And me .

Good summary M8.

I'd be happy if he signed.

Problem is that all this 400+ page Teves mania (I'm as guilty as everyone else) has warped our perspective.

dom said:
Problem is that all this 400+ page Teves mania (I'm as guilty as everyone else) has warped our perspective.

No it hasn't. We're still capable of making judgements over the quality of potential signings.

And having lots of money doesn't mean that we have to blindly support every signing thats rumoured or proposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.