Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: santa cruz set for city medical

I would actually like us to sign Roque Santa Cruz. I think he is an intelligent player who knows how to create space for other players to exploit which would be a dream alongside Robinho and Stevie Ireland. I think he is better in the air than what you give him credit for and I think he is a better player generally than what many give him credit for. He scored 23 goals in his first season and did not want to be there in his second season at the club. I do not believe he will spend a third season there.

You are forgetting the influence that Mark had on his career. He bought him to England and utilised his strength to support the tactics he enforces. He took a £3.5 million chance on a player that is now worth four times that amount in terms of monies that we would have to be prepared to pay to purchase that player.

He is unhappy at his current club and stated previously that it would be an honour to play alongside a player of Robinhos talent and to link up with his previous manager. A come and get me plea if ever you saw one! He would be playing alongside superior talented players if he joins us which will enable him to fulfil his role to a superior standard, rather than endure the shit service that Blackburn Rovers midfield (minus Tugay now) provide for him. If he played a lot last season then you would have also had to take into consideration the absence of David Bentley and the service he provided helping him to score that amount of goals in the season where he scored 23 goals.

Yes, he has been injured and he would be a risk, but in my opinion if it's a well calculated one given that the manager knows the player and that he is given a thorough medical inspection then at the end of the day I would be happy to proceed with the purchase of this player.

City always sign crocks.

If he was top top notch then other teams would be after him. We are the only ones.

I would try for Eto'o first then try for Cruz.

C_T_I_D said:
I would actually like us to sign Roque Santa Cruz. I think he is an intelligent player who knows how to create space for other players to exploit which would be a dream alongside Robinho and Stevie Ireland. I think he is better in the air than what you give him credit for and I think he is a better player generally than what many give him credit for. He scored 23 goals in his first season and did not want to be there in his second season at the club. I do not believe he will spend a third season there.

You are forgetting the influence that Mark had on his career. He bought him to England and utilised his strength to support the tactics he enforces. He took a £3.5 million chance on a player that is now worth four times that amount in terms of monies that we would have to be prepared to pay to purchase that player.

He is unhappy at his current club and stated previously that it would be an honour to play alongside a player of Robinhos talent and to link up with his previous manager. A come and get me plea if ever you saw one! He would be playing alongside superior talented players if he joins us which will enable him to fulfil his role to a superior standard, rather than endure the shit service that Blackburn Rovers midfield (minus Tugay now) provide for him. If he played a lot last season then you would have also had to take into consideration the absence of David Bentley and the service he provided helping him to score that amount of goals in the season where he scored 23 goals.

Yes, he has been injured and he would be a risk, but in my opinion if it's a well calculated one given that the manager knows the player and that he is given a thorough medical inspection then at the end of the day I would be happy to proceed with the purchase of this player.

I am in total agreement with this. good post.

If we hadn't signed the injury prone Bellamy at Xmas, then I wouldn't be worried about taking another risk on RSC.
I think we could and should do better than an injury prone RSC. I don't accept the argument that we can't attract the best.
Not superstars like Kaka, but we have signed Anelka in the past, Robinho and Barry.

i do think that we might go 4 2 target men,If RSC comes and carries on his injury jinx,we are bk 2 square 1,so maybe 2 big centre forwards are needed?? either that or Hughes will stick with Caceido or Benjani!!!

RSC is a decent player, Hughes obviously wants him, i'd play hard ball with the fee though, no other clubs will pay the ridiculous fees that have been reported in the media, i'd use that to drive the fee right down.

azatheblue said:
it was reported today that santa cruz will undrgo a medical this week ahead of a 15 million pound move to city. i dont really want him. i rate him as a target man but hes always bloody injured, i know hes an ex-rag but if we can we should sign forlan. sorri if its alredi been posted but i couldnt find it!!.
another one who will always be injured

I just hope that if the fee is indeed a sizable one, like the 15 million being quoted, that it is based on appearances. I know we have plenty of money available to us, but there is no reason to take unneccessary risks. It seems that since Sept 1st 2008, we appear to be happy offering straight cash, no strings (please correct me if I'm wrong) - I just think that's a bad idea in the case of RSC. Modest downpayment, raising to the asking price if he makes "x" number of premier league appearances for us.

NSBFL said:
I just hope that if the fee is indeed a sizable one, like the 15 million being quoted, that it is based on appearances. I know we have plenty of money available to us, but there is no reason to take unneccessary risks. It seems that since Sept 1st 2008, we appear to be happy offering straight cash, no strings (please correct me if I'm wrong) - I just think that's a bad idea in the case of RSC. Modest downpayment, raising to the asking price if he makes "x" number of premier league appearances for us.

i think u will find this to b the case,these guys arnt dummies after all.

£12mil plus add ons (europe league qual, champs league qual, europa league win, champs league win, prem win) up to £15mil max if all things done within length of original contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.