Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: Santa Cruz, do we need him?

flb said:
BillyShears said:
I think to be fair to Hughes/Cook/Khaldoon - RSC is one player amongst probably three forwards we'll sign. The value of his signing is more likely to be determined by who comes in around him rather than taken on its own.

Certainly for example, if we were to sign Eto'o and Tevez, then RSC would provide a different dimension to those two, and would probably be happy to be a squad player at City. There are of course better players out there, but I can't imagine they'd be happy playing second fiddle to the two strikers I've mentioned.

BTW, IMO, and this backed up by a few genuinely ITK people, both Tevez and Eto'o will almost certainly be playing for City next season...
fuckspiders billy your as bad as all the other itk's....

Not at all...I could well be totally wrong - hence I'm not saying it's nailed on. But my gut feeling is that we'll get them both. And when I spoke to the only person I know who COULD know yesterday, he said that word around the club was that both deals were pretty close to done, barring any last minute disasters. My source is a City player btw...

if he signs-respect hughes' signing....people are slating but look what he has done to us previous at home...ripped us apart

IMO Hughes has not made one bad signing yet, all been class and improved the squad as far as I am concerned. He has worked with this guy before so he knows what he is getting.

For these reasons alone, I would be happy for him to come to City.

Cheltblue said:
Completely overarted by far too many on here. He is not the answer to our centre forward problems.

But, he may well be the standard of player that we are left attracting with no Euro football.
i don't want him i think hes turd, but if he was to cost less than 10m and be behind eto'o and tevez in the pecking order i would not lose any sleep over him. my problem is his price, his injury record and the fact we may be letting blackburn arse rape us

BillyShears said:
flb said:
BillyShears said:
I think to be fair to Hughes/Cook/Khaldoon - RSC is one player amongst probably three forwards we'll sign. The value of his signing is more likely to be determined by who comes in around him rather than taken on its own.

Certainly for example, if we were to sign Eto'o and Tevez, then RSC would provide a different dimension to those two, and would probably be happy to be a squad player at City. There are of course better players out there, but I can't imagine they'd be happy playing second fiddle to the two strikers I've mentioned.

BTW, IMO, and this backed up by a few genuinely ITK people, both Tevez and Eto'o will almost certainly be playing for City next season...

Not at all...I could well be totally wrong - hence I'm not saying it's nailed on. But my gut feeling is that we'll get them both. And when I spoke to the only person I know who COULD know yesterday, he said that word around the club was that both deals were pretty close to done, barring any last minute disasters. My source is a City player btw...

So not from your 'messiah' best mate then?!!!

BillyShears said:
flb said:
BillyShears said:

both deals as in tevez eto'o or rsc and one of the other 2 ?

bobmcfc said:
Cheltblue said:
Completely overarted by far too many on here. He is not the answer to our centre forward problems.

But, he may well be the standard of player that we are left attracting with no Euro football.
i don't want him i think hes turd, but if he was to cost less than 10m and be behind eto'o and tevez in the pecking order i would not lose any sleep over him. my problem is his price, his injury record and the fact we may be letting blackburn arse rape us

TBH Bob, thats about where i am as well. He is no where near the prolific scorer some think he is and he could easily end up on the medic bench with Bellamy for long periods of time.

How is taking that kind of risk good management?

Pretty repetetive post eachoing alog of peoples thoughts but its like this imo, if santa-cruz can stay fit he will be a quality signing for us. Its not a case of hes shit and we should be going for better, hes exactly what we need: hes powerful, very good in the air, holds the ball up well and he can also finish with his feet, the only worrying thing about this deal is his fitness and its a huge worry.

A fit santa cruz gives us the options the squad currently doesnt have but if his injuries are as bad as we all think then for the 30 league games a season he doesnt play it leaves us back in the same situation again, with no target man to hit in games that are scrappy such as stoke away.

Thaksins Love Child said:
IMO Hughes has not made one bad signing yet, all been class and improved the squad as far as I am concerned. He has worked with this guy before so he knows what he is getting.

For these reasons alone, I would be happy for him to come to City.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.