Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: Santa Cruz, do we need him?

Thaksins Love Child said:
IMO Hughes has not made one bad signing yet, all been class and improved the squad as far as I am concerned. He has worked with this guy before so he knows what he is getting.

For these reasons alone, I would be happy for him to come to City.
I tend to disagree of the players he brought in, I think we could only make money on Kompany, break even on Given, Zebalata and people like Bellamy and Bridge we would be unable to off load due to there wages.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
IMO Hughes has not made one bad signing yet, all been class and improved the squad as far as I am concerned. He has worked with this guy before so he knows what he is getting.

I tend to disagree of the players he brought in, I think we could only make money on Kompany, break even on Given, Zebalata and people like Bellamy and Bridge we would be unable to off load due to there wages.

Agreed (almost)

The only two players that Hughes has signed that will still be a 1st choice pick when we eventually get a top four rating will be Given and Barry (and poss Kompany but not totally convinced yet)

Bellamy, Bridge, TBH, Zab, De Jong will be squad players at best!

Cheltblue said:
bobmcfc said:
Cheltblue said:
Completely overarted by far too many on here. He is not the answer to our centre forward problems.

But, he may well be the standard of player that we are left attracting with no Euro football.
i don't want him i think hes turd, but if he was to cost less than 10m and be behind eto'o and tevez in the pecking order i would not lose any sleep over him. my problem is his price, his injury record and the fact we may be letting blackburn arse rape us

TBH Bob, thats about where i am as well. He is no where near the prolific scorer some think he is and he could easily end up on the medic bench with Bellamy for long periods of time.

How is taking that kind of risk good management?

we have took the same risk with bellamy and even if people think he's quality, at the end of the day it worked out exactly how those of us with reservations said it would ! a few good games then fucked with injury, and to top it off it was all eggs in one basket and no plan B.

if eto'o and Tevez are plan A and Rocky back up then fair doos but if he sees RSC as first choice then nobody expect him to play and full season and don't expect top 6, and i want no bullshit excuses at the end of it if we dont make the grade.

bobmcfc said:
we have took the same risk with bellamy and even if people think he's quality, at the end of the day it worked out exactly how those of us with reservations said it would ! a few good games then fucked with injury, and to top it off it was all eggs in one basket and no plan B.

if eto'o and Tevez are plan A and Rocky back up then fair doos but if he sees RSC as first choice then nobody expect him to play and full season and don't expect top 6, and i want no bullshit excuses at the end of it if we dont make the grade.

I can see it now....

Its another 'transitional period'.

Cheltblue said:

Agreed (almost)

The only two players that Hughes has signed that will still be a 1st choice pick when we eventually get a top four rating will be Given and Barry (and poss Kompany but not totally convinced yet)

Bellamy, Bridge, TBH granted won't play, but Zab and De Jong certainly will. If we get to were we want to be then we'll need players like these two.

Cheltblue said:
bobmcfc said:

I can see it now....

Its another 'transitional period'.

Looking at it we have
Caciedo . love the guy but we may lose him to west ham/sporting lisbon
Bellamy . lucky to get 15 games
Bojinov . totally unproven and a big injury risk
Benjani . total shit and lucky to get 15 games, he has to fucking go
ched . has he ever scored for us ? probaby sold or loaned out
sturridge. gone on a bosman
Vassell. gone on a bosman

we need 2 quality forward men like eto'oo and tevez then 2 more as backup. if thats RSC then ok he can share the load with bellamy. we need one more backup with an injury free history and one who doesnt mind being benched. this would leave us with
eto'o
tevez
bellamy
rsc
caciedo
( dunno) suggestions ??

robbie plays on the left so i didnt count him. if i forgot anyone please say

I don't think people see just how ironic it is that Khaldoon and our owners are praised for being such amazing businessmen, yet Hughes is lambasted for his signings...as if the two things are completely disconnected from each other...

BillyShears said:
I don't think people see just how ironic it is that Khaldoon and our owners are praised for being such amazing businessmen, yet Hughes is lambasted for his signings...as if the two things are completely disconnected from each other...

Blind faith can befall even the most intelligent of us.

dannybcity said:
Cheltblue said:

Agreed (almost)

Bellamy, Bridge, TBH granted won't play, but Zab and De Jong certainly will. If we get to were we want to be then we'll need players like these two.

Maybe as squad players. They would not make any of the top4 1st choice players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.