Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: Santa Cruz, do we need him?

alera said:
RSC is no better that what we have already if you consider he will be injured most of the time (which he will) He career record is 7 goals a season. I cant believe people are happy for us to sign a player with such a poor record for so much money. Its a real shame about Tevez, hes almost certainly staying with the RAGS unfortunately.
RAGGETY RAG!!!

Re: RSC

alera said:
I just dont think RSC is good enough for where we want to go. Hes only managed one decent season in his whole career and hes 27 at the end of the day. He had a big chance at a big club (Bayern) and blew it.

Averages 7 goals a season overall and has a very poor injury record. 7 goals is not enough, we have fringe players already at city that can do better than that, Caicedo, Bojinov even Jo. We would be much better off sticking with them than signing RSC IMO. Thats how little I rate him.

If we cant get a big proven world class forward like Eto I would rather have Crouch personally. Hes not world class but can easily get 15 league goals a season in a decent side playing regular. He proved that at Liverpool.

Anyway if Hughes wants him he will sign him, I just think there are much better options out there that will get more goals and not be on the injury treatment table most of the time.

This may be a valid point when we get there but at the moment we are still miles off, a good addition to the squad for me.

Can't wait to see fat sam's face when RSC scores the winner at their place first game of the season!

bluemoon1078 said:
alera said:
I just dont think RSC is good enough for where we want to go. Hes only managed one decent season in his whole career and hes 27 at the end of the day. He had a big chance at a big club (Bayern) and blew it.

Averages 7 goals a season overall and has a very poor injury record. 7 goals is not enough, we have fringe players already at city that can do better than that, Caicedo, Bojinov even Jo. We would be much better off sticking with them than signing RSC IMO. Thats how little I rate him.

If we cant get a big proven world class forward like Eto I would rather have Crouch personally. Hes not world class but can easily get 15 league goals a season in a decent side playing regular. He proved that at Liverpool.

Anyway if Hughes wants him he will sign him, I just think there are much better options out there that will get more goals and not be on the injury treatment table most of the time.

This may be a valid point when we get there but at the moment we are still miles off, a good addition to the squad for me.

Can't wait to see fat sam's face when RSC scores the winner at their place first game of the season!

I guarentee if we do sign him he will have a slight knock that keeps him out of the first game.
Gentlemans agreement

I think to be fair to Hughes/Cook/Khaldoon - RSC is one player amongst probably three forwards we'll sign. The value of his signing is more likely to be determined by who comes in around him rather than taken on its own.

Certainly for example, if we were to sign Eto'o and Tevez, then RSC would provide a different dimension to those two, and would probably be happy to be a squad player at City. There are of course better players out there, but I can't imagine they'd be happy playing second fiddle to the two strikers I've mentioned.

BTW, IMO, and this backed up by a few genuinely ITK people, both Tevez and Eto'o will almost certainly be playing for City next season...

gillymcfc said:
I guarentee if we do sign him he will have a slight knock that keeps him out of the first game.
Gentlemans agreement

I can't believe that you think Sam is a gentleman!

BillyShears said:
I think to be fair to Hughes/Cook/Khaldoon - RSC is one player amongst probably three forwards we'll sign. The value of his signing is more likely to be determined by who comes in around him rather than taken on its own.

Certainly for example, if we were to sign Eto'o and Tevez, then RSC would provide a different dimension to those two, and would probably be happy to be a squad player at City. There are of course better players out there, but I can't imagine they'd be happy playing second fiddle to the two strikers I've mentioned.

BTW, IMO, and this backed up by a few genuinely ITK people, both Tevez and Eto'o will almost certainly be playing for City next season...
fuckspiders billy your as bad as all the other itk's....

jay_mcfc said:
bobmcfc said:
jay_mcfc said:
Do we fuck need him, there are a hundred better strikers out there. One good season in his entire career and a crock to boot. Obviously if he can stay fit and re-capture that form from last season then he'll be a good squad player but to be honest I'd start Caicedo in front of him on current form. The sad thing is our fans are so desperate for us to sign players they will accept second best and that's not good enough for where we want to go and with the money we have. I think we will sign other players as well, ie Tevez/Eto'o but if we were to go into the season with Bellamy/RSC as our first choice forwards I would genuinely be worried we wouldn't finish top 6; Not on ability but injuries.
it wasn't last season, was the season before

Thank fuck you're here to clear that up hey!

Seriously i pissed myself when i read that!!!

Cheltblue said:
jay_mcfc said:
bobmcfc said:
jay_mcfc said:
Do we fuck need him, there are a hundred better strikers out there. One good season in his entire career and a crock to boot. Obviously if he can stay fit and re-capture that form from last season then he'll be a good squad player but to be honest I'd start Caicedo in front of him on current form. The sad thing is our fans are so desperate for us to sign players they will accept second best and that's not good enough for where we want to go and with the money we have. I think we will sign other players as well, ie Tevez/Eto'o but if we were to go into the season with Bellamy/RSC as our first choice forwards I would genuinely be worried we wouldn't finish top 6; Not on ability but injuries.
it wasn't last season, was the season before

Thank fuck you're here to clear that up hey!

Seriously i pissed myself when i read that!!!
so did i

Completely overarted by far too many on here. He is not the answer to our centre forward problems.

But, he may well be the standard of player that we are left attracting with no Euro football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.