Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: caicedo/santa cruz

TudorRose said:
sam the drummer said:
........................Given......................
Richards....Kompany....Onuoha.....Bridge
..............De Jong.........Barry..............
........................Ireland.....................
...............Tevez...........Robinho..........
...........................Jo........................

I quite like it

Do people think that Onuoha will actually start? Alot of people put him in their prediction teams.

I think his chances will be restricted this year when Lescott (maybe) and another sign.

Harsh? I don't think so. Look at Joe Hart, it was harsh on him, but to challege the top 5 Onuoha isn't going to be playing every game.

you boy are clueless!

did you watch us this past season ?

nedum has been OUTSTANDING, Overreaction? NO, he has been top class

by far our defender, i would put my life on the line and say nedum will 100% start next year unless he gets injured!!!

Re: Santa cruz-how long will he last

kp789 said:
Ok, How many games do you think if we do sign santa cruz that he will play? Wether it be injury or just not selected.
that dpends how long we have him for, and who else we sign.

TudorRose said:
sam the drummer said:

I quite like it

Do people think that Onuoha will actually start? Alot of people put him in their prediction teams.

I think his chances will be restricted this year when Lescott (maybe) and another sign.

Harsh? I don't think so. Look at Joe Hart, it was harsh on him, but to challege the top 5 Onuoha isn't going to be playing every game.

Agreed, alot a people get sentimental about players on here. To break into the top four we're gonna need top quality experienced defenders and that means Onouha and Richards may miss out. Both would still be valuble to the squad if they're prepared to take on the John O'shea type role.

Oh, RSC before Caicedo by the way. Onwards and upwards!

TudorRose said:
sam the drummer said:

I quite like it

Considering Everton managed it without a proper striker for half the season then Jo for the other half, yes I think we could play a defender who is my player of 2009 so far. Top 5 isn't too hard to break, it just requires a bit of luck here and there and some consistency. The best way to get that is to not change about to much.

Re: Santa cruz-how long will he last

I think if he signs he will be avialble for all games, don't forget the MH boot camp. As for number of games depends on whether we sign Eto o and Tevez if we do his games will be restricted, I would say 25 games if the others sign a full 38 if they don't, he had same injury problems at Bayern yet when he went to Rovers he seemed to play most games, but I haven't checked his stats.

Re: Santa Cruz, do we need him?

twoddlehopper said:
Dobsy87 said:
Yes, we do need him. If there's one position I trust Hughes to sign players in, it's strikers. And Robanompivenov (nice name btw) whilst you make a fair point you have to admit that RSC's potential to create goalscoring opportunities for others by holding up the ball should be taken into account as well as his goalscoring record. I'd also say his prem record is one season where hje scored twenty goals, and one season where he was mainly 'injured'/refusing to play for bfs.

Totally agree. Think the lad has the tools to be a big goal scorer, and under Hughes he can re-discover um.

This. Just because he's injury prone doesn't mean he's shit, as a lot of you seem to believe. He's a quality player. If he stays healthy, he will score loads of goals.

sam the drummer said:

I quite like it

Agreed, that looks like a decent line-up, i still feel Jo hasn't been given the real chance he desevers....

Daniel Sturridge said:
Crouch > RSC > Jo / Caicedo.
Please tell me you're joking. Crouch is awful and doesn't deserve a place in the England team and we can definitely get better than him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.