Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

BlueMooner87 said:
personally without the investment from ADUG last year would could have easilly gone down, with the injuries we had, and now we would be looking at administration and saying goodbye to the majority of our players

On the money with your analysis, there, BlueMooner87.

Sven's team of the 2nd half of the season, minus Petrov and Johnno, our two best players under Sven, imo, would have struggled to avoid a relegation scrap.

Anyway, I'm sure if we DO end up paying £18m for RSC, he will have played a LOT of games, so we will have got value in the end. Doubt very much it's all up front.

Marvin said:
Mcfc-Carlos said:
It will be intresting to see if the mail are being given a few nuggets of info from city, could add more weight to the storys they have been printing about us getting Eto'o and Tevez!
Its not a bad buy after all its not like there taking the money from our wallets and he may come in handy when we need a goal at stoke because there play 10 men behind the ball again!

I feel very little about this transfer bit of a nothing really due to we all knew it was going to happen and am more intrested in the bigger deals
City identified a lack of height and power as an issue throughout the team last season and Hughes will address that in this transfer window.

There's a limit to the number of SWPs, Bellamys, and Robinhos you can play in a forward line

I must say I wholeheartedly agree with Marvin. The potential signing of RSC has never greatly inspired me but the fact is he scored 20+ goals in his first season in the Prem and even though he does come with injury baggage, Hughes has worked with him so he knows exactly what he is getting.
He is an infinite upgrade on Caciedo and Evans, the two strikers in similar mould at the club at the moment. If we could add Tevez and Eto'o to Bellamy and RSC then it is a forward line that we can be very excited about.

150 appearances is more than a cameo role, especially at a club who were then one of the best teams in europe. They won the Champions League at that time.

He was a kid competing alongside some big name strikers, and yes he had a lot of injury problems. That doesn't mean he's destined to be plagued by injuries for therest of his career.

Marvin said:
150 appearances is more than a cameo role, especially at a club who were then one of the best teams in europe. They won the Champions League at that time.

He was a kid competing alongside some big name strikers, and yes he had a lot of injury problems. That doesn't mean he's destined to be plagued by injuries for therest of his career.

I bow to your better knowledge Marv but the last statement kinda doesn't stand up. He's been injured a helluva alot and is injured again. Only one season (pretty much) free in his career suggests he will continue to be plagued by injuries. In that respect he's pretty much like Bellamy! Another reason for why we shouldn't take a chance. Sometimes Hughesie it pays to listen to the fans lol!!

Re: Santa Cruz Has Signed

£15 mil! Robbing cunts.

I wouldnt be that bothered if it was 15mil to someone like Martin O'Neill but the fact its going to big fat sam the pie man im a bit gutted.

If Daily Mail quote it at £15 million its probably closer to £10 million.

lee-mcfc said:
unless its on SSN i belive it. this paper too me is BULLLLSHIT

This is not far short of the mark...The papers will print any stuff they think is half correct..The problem with SSN is they often do not find out till its all done and dusted.

Nothing can be done with Tevez until his contract is up next week... Eto looks like he wants a wages auction so he'll hold out a while yet, RSC does look the next in This weekend as his medical has been set..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.