Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

alera said:
Cards on table if this goes through I actually see it as a backwards or at best sideways step as it means either Jo / Caicedo or Boj will be sold.

No better than any of these players overalll IMO. Really we needed to be pulling a big name out of the bag as our next signing. Surely this means the ETO and or Tevez deals are off this deal certainly wont encourage them to sign !

Sorry, but he is better than all 3 of these.

Although I like Boj, he has hardly played a game for us in 2 years through injury, and can we say that he will stay fit to play many more.

The fact is this signing is a gamble by Hughes, but it is his future that is at risk. So I think we should allow him to buy the players he believes will help him succeed and stay in a job.

good buy if he stays fit.
but that is a big if, because as we all know RSC is a PROVEN crock.
bit of a risk from hughes and i hope to see 2 more strikers added aswell as RSC.
we cant rely on RSC and bellamy being fit , and the other strikers arent good enough in my opinion

not only will this guy be good for us but he will become a fans favourite. He's the target man we've been craving to compliment our attacking flare.
Welcome Roque, and viva le revolution!

P.s. Bollox to all you negative nancy's, this is a great time for the club.

Cheesy said:
Blues Brother said:
Cheesy said:
Berti, TBH, Bridge (at the moment, though could prove to be OK)

Berti was free so hardly a risk and has been worth his wages for keepimg Bluemoon entertained

Oh I agree with you, I'm just pointing out that not all of Hughes' signings have been good as some people seem to insist ;-)

Fair play, but we can hardly expect every buy to be as successful as some expect on here.

SSN said

De Jong 18m he was 13m.
Bellamy 14m he was 9m.
Bridge 12m he was 9m.
Given 9m he was 6m.

Ingnore what there sources say.

What I don't understand is our own fans cry out for a ariel threat however when we sign someone whose good in the air and with his feet they moan.

bluemoon32 said:
You can't compare RSC & Tevez, they are completely different players & both have completely different strengths & weaknesses.

Exactly. I'd like to see Tevez lead the line on his own, or get on the end of crosses, or compete with some hairy arsed centre-half for flick ons etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I rate Tevez, and I think they'd make a cracking partnership, but you can't really compare the two.

Re: Santa Cruz

Ricster said:
I also said if we pay over the odds for Santa Cruz i wouldn't go back to City til MH was gone.

Thanks Hughes you fuckin prick!

Not go back to watch City until MH goes? Jeez, what a melodramatic drama queen!

Why not see what happens and how he plays first?

Or is giving someone a chance too difficult for you?; or perhaps your opinion on a player and manager means more to you than supporting the club? Of course, you might even be wrong; there's a thought, isn't it?

;0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.