Roque Santa Cruz

okstate99 said:
CTID101 said:
It isn't his fault the wages he has got and the price we paid. The real question was why was Hughes allowed to get him the first place.

One of the most bizarre transfers i have seen in a while. Has barely ever completed a season i think yet he was given authority to pay that price.

Thankfully we have got alot better because Sheikh Mansour was taken for a big ride when he came in with players like Santa Cruz.

I still say this is why Hughes got sacked (mostly) he lied about RSC ability so Highes could get his kickback on th sell on clause of RSCs Blackburn contract. And dont think CIty even knew about that sell on clause till afterwards.
If that is true, could there be a legal case to answer?

strongbowholic said:
okstate99 said:
CTID101 said:
It isn't his fault the wages he has got and the price we paid. The real question was why was Hughes allowed to get him the first place.

One of the most bizarre transfers i have seen in a while. Has barely ever completed a season i think yet he was given authority to pay that price.

Thankfully we have got alot better because Sheikh Mansour was taken for a big ride when he came in with players like Santa Cruz.

I still say this is why Hughes got sacked (mostly) he lied about RSC ability so Highes could get his kickback on th sell on clause of RSCs Blackburn contract. And dont think CIty even knew about that sell on clause till afterwards.

yes if thats true i think there is a problem there!!

richards30 said:
strongbowholic said:
okstate99 said:

Im sure City knew about the clause, they have lawyers going over everything with a fine tooth comb. I was getting alittle overly dramatic. I do think Leslie did over sell RSC so he could collect on said clause though.

okstate99 said:
richards30 said:
strongbowholic said:

Im sure City knew about the clause, they have lawyers going over everything with a fine tooth comb. I was getting alittle overly dramatic. I do think Leslie did over sell RSC so he could collect on said clause though.

unbelievable that managers are still coining it from these clauses

shirley a conflict of interest?!

Why loan? sell him for 1 pound. And still pay his wage.:)
We would save 1 pound.

Middlesborough thing is just a random Twitter rumour, there are actually more of them about Brighton going for him. But more realistic is Betis who have been talking with City for a while now trying to reach an agreement for a permanent transfer. However, Santa Cruz's dad and agent (Aproniano) has said we're making it difficult and buying time for better offers than what Betis are proposing (Betis want him for free, we want a transfer fee) which sounds like risky business, we want to avoid being stuck with him another season!

I think people are being a bit harsh on the Santa Cruz transfer.

When we signed him his record was:

Blackburn:
57 games
23 goals
10 assists

Blackburn Rovers F.C. Player of the Season: 2007-08

Bayern Munich:
156 games
31 goals
14 assists

Paraguay:
89 games
25 goals

Paraguayan Footballer of the Year: 1999

His record wasn't bad at all, the problem was his injuries here not his ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.