Roque Santa Cruz

20sbc07 said:
I think people are being a bit harsh on the Santa Cruz transfer.

When we signed him his record was:

Blackburn:
57 games
23 goals
10 assists

Blackburn Rovers F.C. Player of the Season: 2007-08

Bayern Munich:
156 games
31 goals
14 assists

Paraguay:
89 games
25 goals

Paraguayan Footballer of the Year: 1999

His record wasn't bad at all, the problem was his injuries here not his ability.

He was crap for us (which is all that matters) when he was fit. Also that Bayern record isn't great!

Cobwebcat said:
20sbc07 said:

Blackburn:
57 games
23 goals
10 assists

Bayern Munich:
156 games
31 goals
14 assists

Paraguay:
89 games
25 goals

His record wasn't bad at all, the problem was his injuries here not his ability.

He was crap for us (which is all that matters) when he was fit. Also that Bayern record isn't great!

I agree but what I mean is judging by how well he done for his country and blackburn I can see why Hughes signed him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/Visitors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/Visitors/</a>

Trinity College - right in the centre of Dublin.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 pm --<br /><br />sorry folks - my mistake - wrong place - Mods please move to the Cellar

bluebrickroad said:
http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/Visitors/

Trinity College - right in the centre of Dublin.

-- Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 pm --

sorry folks - my mistake - wrong place - Mods please move to the Cellar

If only they had signed him!

Getting shot of Crocky and getting a fee would be like a major signing for me, because how the f*ck we are gonna shirt the steaming pile of horse sh*te without payingg someone is beyond me.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The cookie monster said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I heard that he failed his medical but hughes pushed the deal through anyway
Bollocks!

It could well be, just passing on what I heard. Would certainly take it with a pinch of salt. My instincts say its bollocks, but surely there must have been major concerns with his medical at the very best? The truth is probably somewhere between him failing and passing

He isnt the only player to fail a medical and still get signed for us though,
There was quite a saga at the medical of 1 of our players who is now a suit ;)

Cobwebcat said:
20sbc07 said:

Blackburn:
57 games
23 goals
10 assists

Bayern Munich:
156 games
31 goals
14 assists

Paraguay:
89 games
25 goals

His Bayern record is absolutely crap, too - for a full forward. Gomez can shoot more goals in one season than Santa Cruz in 8 years...

He played only about 1000 minutes each year and only played about 30 full matches. He had big challengers so, with Elber, Sergio, Makaay, Pizarro, Zickler, Jancker - and never made it into the first duo - but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.