Roque Santa Cruz

I met him once at the David Lloyd out Wilmslow way. A really nice fella and nobody is more gutted than him about how it went for him at City. A change of scene would be best for all concerned and I really can't see us getting a fee to be honest

king said:
why not not try an use him in a player plus cash deal for benat never heard about him before last season but he was by far there best player last season and followed that up with two cracking games for Spain shouldn't be to expensive might be worth a go.
Good shout. Benat was excellent last season and would fit in perfectly in that Gareth Barry role. Betis would be reluctant sellers but as they're skint, a €15m offer would be too good for them to refuse.

I wouldn't risk complicating this any further with an exchange deal involved, just get rid of him and move on...

FantasyIreland said:
bluefandk said:
i say it again the deals for him and Bridge were the worst in the history of football.

On the flip,the deals for Kompany,Zabba,Barry and Zabs were among the best.

Zabba and Zabs are two of the best players I've at City for a long time.

The_mace said:
FantasyIreland said:
bluefandk said:
i say it again the deals for him and Bridge were the worst in the history of football.

Yep and despite Barry doing well for us and there's no doubt we'll have our moneys worth, £12 million for a player who's now only got a couple more years left in the tank can hardly be described as being 'among the best' deals in the history of football

The_mace said:
FantasyIreland said:
bluefandk said:

To be fair, neither of them are as good as Zabaleta.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The_mace said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yep and despite Barry doing well for us and there's no doubt we'll have our moneys worth, £12 million for a player who's now only got a couple more years left in the tank can hardly be described as being 'among the best' deals in the history of football

The point FI was making is a valid one though, Hughes has made the worst deals in City history but also some of the best.

bluefandk said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
The_mace said:

The point FI was making is a valid one though, Hughes has made the worst deals in City history but also some of the best.

1 of the best, possibly 2 at a push.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.