Roque Santa Cruz

Come on Leslie,you owe us this........
----------------------------------------------------------

Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has paid tribute to former boss Mark Hughes and refused to rule out linking up with the Welshman at QPR

Santa Cruz worked with Hughes at Blackburn before joining him at the Etihad Stadium, after Hughes had also moved there, in 2009 and is likely to leave City permanently this summer after spending last term on loan at Real Betis.

While the 30-year-old was quick to state no talks had taken place between himself and the Hoops, he also admitted he had enjoyed his time working under Hughes previously.

The Paraguayan told Sky Sports News: "Everybody knows that I have a big respect and I am very thankful to him for the time we worked together.

"I hope he will have a great season and achieves his goals and who knows, I want to play and I want to do good and I want to be successful so who knows we might work back together.

"I haven’t spoken to him or anybody and this might be a long way to happen. A big thing to me is to be fit as I might go to a place where I will play."

he was at my lad's school today giving out trophies, glad to see he is doing something useful, him and Emile Heskey apparently (the sublime and the ridiculous) (except I don't suppose either of them are sublime)

"I never regret anything, I had a good season in Spain and it was good to see [City] doing so well," he added.

"It was a great achievement they won the title and it was very special the way it happened.

"I have a lot of friends at City I appreciate the club and it was great to see them win the league.

"It was a frustrating time for me at City, the manager has a choice to use players he thinks he can trust and bring players in that he has confidence in."

Cobwebcat said:
Has cost City about £14,800,000 in wages so far and around a £17,500,000 transfer fee. A total of about £32,300,000

He has made 20 appearances and scored 3 goals according to wiki....or over £10,000,000 per goal.

He has a year left on his contract and is nearly 31. Will he let us off the last £5,000,000 in wages and go to another club for a decrease?

Would you? He's done nowt wrong!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Cobwebcat said:
Has cost City about £14,800,000 in wages so far and around a £17,500,000 transfer fee. A total of about £32,300,000

He has made 20 appearances and scored 3 goals according to wiki....or over £10,000,000 per goal.

He has a year left on his contract and is nearly 31. Will he let us off the last £5,000,000 in wages and go to another club for a decrease?

Would you? He's done nowt wrong!

If I was a multi millionaire yes I would...and perhaps even if I wasn't. The guilt would overtake the greed I think.

feel sorry for him really, its not like he wanted to be injured all the time and he really seems like he wants to get a move away from the club in search of first team football unlike that gutless crank bridge.

bammy blue said:
feel sorry for him really, its not like he wanted to be injured all the time and he really seems like he wants to get a move away from the club in search of first team football unlike that gutless crank bridge.

Bridge has effectively gone since his loan takes him to the end of his contract.

Santa Cruz could have moved if reports are to be believed he just doesn't fancy certain countries. Can't feel sorry for him particularly when his performances (when fit) were useless...though I think that was perhaps because Mancini made it clear he wouldn't want him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.