Ross Barkley

bobmcfc said:
We will probably start producing our own English talents soon enough then we won't have to think About having to be rinsed by Other clubs young academy products. I'd rather pay less for better overseas players until we see the fruits of our youth development prosper
This

BUT, the only issue then is the spectre of the home grown quota. Its an absolute farce that we are forced to pay extortionate monies for young players with potential just because they are English and help fill an enforced quota. After FFP, the European courts should look at the home grown rule.

Dribble said:
bobmcfc said:
We will probably start producing our own English talents soon enough then we won't have to think About having to be rinsed by Other clubs young academy products. I'd rather pay less for better overseas players until we see the fruits of our youth development prosper
This

BUT, the only issue then is the spectre of the home grown quota. Its an absolute farce that we are forced to pay extortionate monies for young players with potential just because they are English and help fill an enforced quota. After FFP, the European courts should look at the home grown rule.

Ffp really isn't helping anyone stick to these rules. People moan we don't have enough English talent yet nobody can afford to buy them and they are ridiculously overhyped and overpriced. When we produce our own they will have to be as good as the likes of aguero and silva or they will simply be sold on to other clubs( hopefully bringing in a decent stream of income) and we will into as we have been doing

Homegrown does not mean English it means academy grown, I for one like this rule and hope that it gives lopes, ichanebo, fofana, rekik, huws etc the have to break through as squad members and then with the team. Notice how many if those are English!

bobmcfc said:
Dribble said:
bobmcfc said:
This

Ffp really isn't helping anyone stick to these rules. People moan we don't have enough English talent yet nobody can afford to buy them and they are ridiculously overhyped and overpriced. When we produce our own they will have to be as good as the likes of aguero and silva or they will simply be sold on to other clubs( hopefully bringing in a decent stream of income) and we will into as we have been doing
In no other form of business can you be forced not to employ the best person for the job. I can just imagine the outcry if a British company brought in British empolyee only rule, run they'd get slaughtered.

I know home grown means club trained and not English born, but that still hasn't stopped the likes of Greg Dyke saying City winning the league would be a sad day for English football just because the English players we have don't match up to the quality or value of our foreign born players.

The England football team is the FA's problem, not Manchester City Football Club's....

80s Shorts said:
efcblue said:
dachoosen1 said:
Still believe it is rubbish! He will move for 30-35mil tops next summer in my honest opinion. And he will be a rip of at that price but that's the price you pay for home grown player.

Doesn't matter what your opinion is - it's wrong. I know that Everton will not be selling for less than £50m and depending on how he does this season we could be demanding more.

£30m would not be a rip off either. You look at the price Arsenal paid for Ozil; most people would have said they'd rather pay that for him than Barkley, but Ozil isn't exactly setting the league alight. When you buy from abroad, the players are a risk. When you buy English talent you know they will produce in the Premier League.

Scott Sinclair.

I said English talent, mate!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 10m
The Guardian + Mirror: City have made Everton star Ross Barkley a main target for next summer and are willing to pay over £30m to sign him.
Perfect replacement for the declining Yaya.

His injuries are a concern though.I think Pogba would be the more sensible purchase.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11114060/Manchester-City-make-Evertons-Ross-Barkley-their-number-one-summer-transfer-target.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... arget.html</a>

Telegraph too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.