Ross Barkley

efcblue said:
dachoosen1 said:
Still believe it is rubbish! He will move for 30-35mil tops next summer in my honest opinion. And he will be a rip of at that price but that's the price you pay for home grown player.

Doesn't matter what your opinion is - it's wrong. I know that Everton will not be selling for less than £50m and depending on how he does this season we could be demanding more.

£30m would not be a rip off either. You look at the price Arsenal paid for Ozil; most people would have said they'd rather pay that for him than Barkley, but Ozil isn't exactly setting the league alight. When you buy from abroad, the players are a risk. When you buy English talent you know they will produce in the Premier League.

Ozil is miles better than Barkley, haha

MSP said:
Sunday Mirror revealed in July that Manuel Pellegrini had the England midfielder in his sights after a sensational performance against City towards the end of last season.

Sure, that's how we sign players these days - if he has a good game against us we are buying him.

The only problem is that we would sign like 30 players who never had a good game again :P

Expect the entire Sunderland squad to be signed soon then...

You cant say im wrong until he leaves for more the 50mil! And Barkley has huge potential but is nowhere near the 30mil pound mark he hasn't even nailed down a regular England starting spot ffs. And 30mil is a rip off for him, Ozil is a class act and I cant imagine many mangers choosing Barkley over him. He is not good enough to walk into our starting line up or any of the other top European side IMO and if he wasn't English I doubt we would be interested now that he has had a serious injury it could seriously effect his development. If you value Barkley over 50mil how much is Yaya, Fernando or Fernandinho worth?!

As many have said Barkley is a player with big potential, but no way is he worth £50m.

Seems like a player who picks up injuries too, and maybe that leg break when he was younger will take its toll in the future.

Maybe it won't, but I think we'd be better off spending that kind of money on Pogba.

efcblue said:
dachoosen1 said:
Still believe it is rubbish! He will move for 30-35mil tops next summer in my honest opinion. And he will be a rip of at that price but that's the price you pay for home grown player.

Doesn't matter what your opinion is - it's wrong. I know that Everton will not be selling for less than £50m and depending on how he does this season we could be demanding more.

£30m would not be a rip off either. You look at the price Arsenal paid for Ozil; most people would have said they'd rather pay that for him than Barkley, but Ozil isn't exactly setting the league alight. When you buy from abroad, the players are a risk. When you buy English talent you know they will produce in the Premier League.

And what exactly has Barkley produced in the premier league? 30 million wouldn't be a rip off if he continues as everyone is hoping, however to date Ozil has done orders of magnitude more in his career than Barkley has. The only reason anyone is talking about Barkley is because he's English, and when he goes up for sale the only clubs be willing to pay anything close to Evertons valuation will be English. I'd be astounded if a single top club on the continent gave a shit.

He has great potential but not achieved anything yet,it's Everton's prerogative to ask £50 million if they want.We won't pay that though,simply because he is not worth it !

efcblue said:
dachoosen1 said:

Scott Sinclair.

We will probably start producing our own English talents soon enough then we won't have to think About having to be rinsed by Other clubs young academy products. I'd rather pay less for better overseas players until we see the fruits of our youth development prosper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.