Ross Barkley

Andouble said:
What makes every newspaper in the country run the same Barkley story, on the same night, 10 months away from the transfer window?

Iagree mate......was thinking the very same thing....transfer window ended 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden lots of online reports covering story....realy strange..I cant see this happening in Jan (seems like Barkley might still be recovering from a knee injury) but maybe the summer in they drop their 50mil valuation....

I took plenty of crap about this during the summer.

The reason every paper has it is because it's come from City after the game on Sunday, we are applying the pressure now and will take him in January if we can.

He wants to come to City, he signed a new contract but he insisted on a buy-out clause.

I don't know what the price is but it's not £50m.

City also briefed about the Milner and Hart deals and us moving in to the training ground in three weeks.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

The reason every paper has it is because it's come from City after the game on Sunday, we are applying the pressure now and will take him in January if we can.

He wants to come to City, he signed a new contract but he insisted on a buy-out clause.

City also briefed about the Milner and Hart deals and us moving in to the training ground in three weeks.

Do you reckon Milner will sign a new contract though he apparently said he wants to play more? After his performance at the weekend I hope he stays in the the team for hull if he doesn't he will think whats the point putting in a MOTM performance and then get dropped..

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Do you reckon Milner will sign a new contract though he apparently said he wants to play more? After his performance at the weekend I hope he stays in the the team for hull if he doesn't he will think whats the point putting in a MOTM performance and then get dropped..

Nothing has changed, it's just been brought into sharper focus because Jimmy is playing so well.

The deal is there for him, all he has to do is agree.

He's certainly putting himself in the shop window with his performances, but the by-product of that is Pellegrini has to keep picking him, which is all the lad wants.

I'm more optimistic than I was a couple months ago.

The overriding message from City is that it will be a couple more years before the homegrown starts flying off the production line.

It's the reason we want Jay Rodriguez and Barkley. And why I think we will go the extra yard for both Milner and Hart.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Nothing has changed, it's just been brought into sharper focus because Jimmy is playing so well.

He's certainly putting himself in the shop window with his performances, but the by-product of that is Pellegrini has to keep picking him, which is all the lad wants.

The overriding message from City is that it will be a couple more years before the homegrown starts flying off the production line.

It's the reason we want Jay Rodriguez and Barkley. And why I think we will go the extra yard for both Milner and Hart.

Cheers..

For me Milner should be starting instead of NASRI, Milner gives a bit more urgency and directness to our team. Last season Milner played really well when he came in the team but Pellegrini dropped him for the next game.. It's still up to Milner though so it's up in the air really..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

am i missing something here? doesn't seem that good to me, i'm all for english talent but they have to be good enough in the first place

proudbear said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ross Barkley is a target for Manchester City next summer with the champions valuing the midfielder at around £30m and viewing him as among a select few English homegrown players who could slot instantly into their team. City also hope Joe Hart and James Milner will sign the new deals they have been offered.

City were interested in buying Barkley in the close season but would not countenance paying Everton’s asking price of £50m. There is a recognition many of Manuel Pellegrini’s squad are at their peak so the need to start building for the future is pressing.

To do so, City require players who are either already established players of the quality of Yaya Touré, David Silva, Sergio Agüero, Vincent Kompany, Hart, Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko, or have the potential to be so, as with Eliaquim Mangala, who is 23 and cost £32m during the summer.

With the Premier League and Uefa demanding clubs should have eight homegrown footballers in their squads for their respective competitions, City have found it a challenge to find English players of the requisite quality. In recent seasons Adam Johnson, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair were all bought to fill the berths, while Micah Richards was at the club from a young age. All have left City apart from Sinclair who remains on the fringes of the first team.

Although the signings of Johnson, Rodwell and Sinclair are viewed as errors of judgment – Richards has also disappointed and is on loan at Fiorentina – there is a belief that Barkley is a far better player who can one day replace the 31-year-old Touré, 11 years Barkley’s senior.

Before firming up their interest in Barkley during the summer, City did detailed background checks on the England international and were encouraged by the results. The club’s information showed Barkley is intent on a successful career and has a winning mentality.

When Pellegrini informed the City hierarchy Barkley was good enough to help the club to win more Premier League titles and to claim a first European Cup, inquiries were made at Everton. Though City valued Barkley at £20m, they were prepared to pay a premium of over £30m to secure his signing but Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, quoted a price of £50m for the midfielder, and City decided to put their interest on hold.

However, despite Everton’s valuation it is believed they will sell next summer with the price thought to be negotiable. Barkley, who is sidelined because of a knee injury, signed a four-year contract worth around £60,000 a-week in July, a deal he was offered by the club as they sought to strengthen their bargaining position.

While City believe that there is a paucity of English talent, they believe within three years – and possibly even two – their academy will yield such players. There is even confidence at the club they have an 11-year-old on the books who can be better than Lionel Messi.

The development of their own players is viewed as a long-term plan that should offer a continual supply to the first team. The club’s Etihad Campus training complex, which is situated across the road from the stadium, is due to be opened next month.

After a number of Pellegrini’s players signed fresh deals, the club have started discussions with Hart and Milner over contracts. Hart, 27, is in the final two years of his deal. Milner, who was among City’s standout performers in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea at the Etihad Stadium, has less than 12 months remaining

That part excites and interests me massively. Anyone have any idea who?

We dont need to know It would only put undue pressure on a kid

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Been thinking since the transfer window ended that we must have somebody lined up for January. Having still nearly £30M (probably more with Negardo) of funds to purchase a player in this financial year to comply with FFP. It always seemed strange that we pushed through some deals at the end of the window to put us in a great place for a big one in Jan. I don't mind Barkley or Pogba would fit in the team perfectly.

the originalkippaxman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Been thinking since the transfer window ended that we must have somebody lined up for January. Having still nearly £30M (probably more with Negardo) of funds to purchase a player in this financial year to comply with FFP. It always seemed strange that we pushed through some deals at the end of the window to put us in a great place for a big one in Jan. I don't mind Barkley or Pogba would fit in the team perfectly.
Clubs don't usually sell their key players in January tho. Everton still get big money in the summer if they are to forced to sell Barkley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.