Ross Barkley

Mister Appointment said:
Blue2112 said:
Signing Barkley for anything like 30-50m just does'nt fill me with joy.

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights they're early promise shown.

Barkley's the most talented English player to come along since fat boy at the swamp. We also need to keep things in some kind of perspective. We've just paid 35 million for a 23 year old centre half who has played in the Portugese league and was kept out of the French national team by Sakho.

I trust our scouting team. If Pellegrini wants the player because he thinks the player is good enough - the price is up to the money men.

Yup, that's how it looks and until I see something to make me think different, this kid has to be a priority for us. The regulations necessitate us having more English players and we should be getting the best available.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Blue2112 said:
Signing Barkley for anything like 30-50m just does'nt fill me with joy.

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights they're early promise shown.

Barkley's the most talented English player to come along since fat boy at the swamp. We also need to keep things in some kind of perspective. We've just paid 35 million for a 23 year old centre half who has played in the Portugese league and was kept out of the French national team by Sakho.

I trust our scouting team. If Pellegrini wants the player because he thinks the player is good enough - the price is up to the money men.

Yup, that's how it looks and until I see something to make me think different, this kid has to be a priority for us. The regulations necessitate us having more English players and we should be getting the best available.
Chelsea are also in need for English players badly, as they only have 2, with one HG in Fabregas. And Chelsea are not hamstrung by any sanctions.

FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:
Why do people compare him to Yaya Toure? if I was to compare him to anyone it's Rooney.

Aspects of his play perhaps,and the same winning mentality.....However,as well as his attacking instincts,he has a greater defensive awareness and is more disciplined,both on and off the field......he also has a much better physique.

My only concern is his injury record.

What "greater defensive awareness"? every time I've seen him he's played as a number 10. He's a cracking player but he's not a box to box player like most on here seem to think he is.

He defends well when he has to,coming deeper and breaking up play,he's a strong,tenacious fucker with a superb attitude.

MeatHunterrr said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Chelsea are also in need for English players badly, as they only have 2, with one HG in Fabregas. And Chelsea are not hamstrung by any sanctions.

What sanctions are we now hamstrung by?

Mister Appointment said:
MeatHunterrr said:
OB1 said:

What sanctions are we now hamstrung by?
Don't we still have the FFP sanctions over us? I mean Chelsea can strike in January to buy Barkley for slightly inflated price, therefore we can't respond due to sanctions.

Just heard Everton mouthpiece Andy Gray on talkshite and it sounds very much like he's smoothing the way for Barkley's transfer to City.

MeatHunterrr said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Yes but Chelsea need to strengthen in defence, or another centre forward more than another attacking midfield, Barkley would be playing in the same position they bought Fabregas for. Hopefully we will also be sanction free next summer as well.

blueparrot said:
MeatHunterrr said:
OB1 said:

Yes but Chelsea need to strengthen in defence, or another centre forward more than another attacking midfield, Barkley would be playing in the same position they bought Fabregas for. Hopefully we will also be sanction free next summer as well.
Yes, but it wouldn't be first time Chelsea bought a player that they don't really need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.