Ross Barkley

As we seem to be looking into keeping Lampard beyond January, I wonder if we have decided to wait for a potential move for Barkley until the summer as opposed to the January window.

Either way, I really hope we go all out for this kid.

MeatHunterrr said:
the originalkippaxman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I took plenty of crap about this during the summer.

The reason every paper has it is because it's come from City after the game on Sunday, we are applying the pressure now and will take him in January if we can.

He wants to come to City, he signed a new contract but he insisted on a buy-out clause.

I don't know what the price is but it's not £50m.

City also briefed about the Milner and Hart deals and us moving in to the training ground in three weeks.

Been thinking since the transfer window ended that we must have somebody lined up for January. Having still nearly £30M (probably more with Negardo) of funds to purchase a player in this financial year to comply with FFP. It always seemed strange that we pushed through some deals at the end of the window to put us in a great place for a big one in Jan. I don't mind Barkley or Pogba would fit in the team perfectly.
Clubs don't usually sell their key players in January tho. Everton still get big money in the summer if they are to forced to sell Barkley.

I agree but I suppose it depends how they are doing Domestically and in Europe. In the past we have bought Balotelli and Dzeko in January and if I recall the likes of Torres. David Luiz, Suarez were all bought in that mad Jan window a few years back. So anything is possible.

MeatHunterrr said:
Been thinking since the transfer window ended that we must have somebody lined up for January. Having still nearly £30M (probably more with Negardo) of funds to purchase a player in this financial year to comply with FFP. It always seemed strange that we pushed through some deals at the end of the window to put us in a great place for a big one in Jan. I don't mind Barkley or Pogba would fit in the team perfectly.
Clubs don't usually sell their key players in January tho. Everton still get big money in the summer if they are to forced to sell Barkley.

I agree but I suppose it depends how they are doing Domestically and in Europe. In the past we have bought Balotelli and Dzeko in January and if I recall the likes of Torres. David Luiz, Suarez were all bought in that mad Jan window a few years back. So anything is possible.
mata...

Signing Barkley for anything like 30-50m just does'nt fill me with joy.

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights their early promise shown.

Blue2112 said:

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights they're early promise shown.

Barkley's the most talented English player to come along since fat boy at the swamp. We also need to keep things in some kind of perspective. We've just paid 35 million for a 23 year old centre half who has played in the Portugese league and was kept out of the French national team by Sakho.

I trust our scouting team. If Pellegrini wants the player because he thinks the player is good enough - the price is up to the money men.

Blue2112 said:

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights they're early promise shown.

30-50M is a big price range.

For 30M I've no problem at all. However 50M is way out.

But this all surely depends on how he is after his knee injury.

Kun Aguero said:
Why do people compare him to Yaya Toure? if I was to compare him to anyone it's Rooney.

Aspects of his play perhaps,and the same winning mentality.....However,as well as his attacking instincts,he has a greater defensive awareness and is more disciplined,both on and off the field......he also has a much better physique.

My only concern is his injury record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.