Ross Barkley

Lomas has a lob on said:
aguero93:20 said:
g180aj said:
A bit of sense in the midst of all the flappers.

It's not flapping to think we have a superior player already in Marco Lopes and buying Barkley to play ahead of him would be absolutely stupid.

I see Lopes more in line to perhaps replace a Nasri or a Navas and Barkley to replace Milner or one of the Ferns. I don't see why Barkley and Lopes can't co-exist in future Citys teams and squads.

Where do you think Barkley will play next season if we sign him?

Lomas has a lob on said:
It's not flapping to think we have a superior player already in Marco Lopes and buying Barkley to play ahead of him would be absolutely stupid.

I see Lopes more in line to perhaps replace a Nasri or a Navas and Barkley to replace Milner or one of the Ferns. I don't see why Barkley and Lopes can't co-exist in future Citys teams and squads.

If Barkley signs he takes Lampard's place in the squad for me. If Lopes is at City next season (i.e. not on loan) he would take Milner's role.

I'd think that Barkley would play more than Lampard but Lopes may play slightly less often than Milner.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He has everything in his game to become a major star for us.

Barkley is a kid, and would be a tremendous asset. Give him a break, and City, for that matter.

We don't sign young players, we get slagged off.

We don't sign British talent, we get slagged off.

Some people really need to watch the game a little closer, rather than wanting the shiniest toy to brag about.

Tell me again, where's Gourcuff, where's Diego, where's Queresma, all names I have seen down the years on here.

He has been hung out to dry this season by a manager who stated he would become the greatest English player EVER. Think about that for a second.

Martinez has stuck him out on the wing, played him too quickly after injuries, playing in a team running on empty due to Europa League participation, coupled with a key injury to McCarthy and the continued downgrade of Barry.

If we think he is too expensive, we will walk away, as we have done with every other target.

He's a capable squad player right now who might just become a major star. Even the great Iniesta stated recently that Barkley is one of the few English players who could play at Barcelona.

We've forgotten what the transfer landscape looks like these days, having been forced to cut our cloth.

£20m doesn't buy elite, it buys you a certain tier of performer who can still hold their own - we need that.

I agree with some of the posts on here, £20m is a reasonable price if we include future add-ons.

Im all for signing the lad but not for ridiculous monies and we wont get him for £20M + add ons, not a chance.

Lomas has a lob on said:

Well to start with I think he will be competition for Fernandinho and in certain games due to his age, I think Barkley could take the place of Yaya.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

Well to start with I think he will be competition for Fernandinho and in certain games due to his age, I think Barkley could take the place of Yaya.

Well Tolmie seems to think he's a Milner replacement. That would rule out a return for Lopes.

Lomas has a lob on said:

Well Tolmie seems to think he's a Milner replacement. That would rule out a return for Lopes.

Milners replacement in terms of squad place/English quota is how I read Tolmies post.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see!!

Lomas has a lob on said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

Milners replacement in terms of squad place/English quota is how I read Tolmies post.

Lopes is homegrown and club trained.

If we looking to play Barkley in central midfield then why we are not looking at Ward-Prowse? Will suit our style of play and he has already got 6 assists.

IMO, we are buying the wrong Englishman.

Lomas has a lob on said:

Lopes is homegrown and club trained.

We also lose Lampard mate and more HG players the better. I don't see us using Barkley in an Attacking Midfielder position, so I don't think it is a question about him or Lopes tbh. I think it is going to be both.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He has everything in his game to become a major star for us.

Barkley is a kid, and would be a tremendous asset. Give him a break, and City, for that matter.

We don't sign young players, we get slagged off.

We don't sign British talent, we get slagged off.

Some people really need to watch the game a little closer, rather than wanting the shiniest toy to brag about.

Tell me again, where's Gourcuff, where's Diego, where's Queresma, all names I have seen down the years on here.

He has been hung out to dry this season by a manager who stated he would become the greatest English player EVER. Think about that for a second.

Martinez has stuck him out on the wing, played him too quickly after injuries, playing in a team running on empty due to Europa League participation, coupled with a key injury to McCarthy and the continued downgrade of Barry.

If we think he is too expensive, we will walk away, as we have done with every other target.

He's a capable squad player right now who might just become a major star. Even the great Iniesta stated recently that Barkley is one of the few English players who could play at Barcelona.

We've forgotten what the transfer landscape looks like these days, having been forced to cut our cloth.

£20m doesn't buy elite, it buys you a certain tier of performer who can still hold their own - we need that.

I agree with some of the posts on here, £20m is a reasonable price if we include future add-ons.
Agree with all of that and i've seen lot worse names than that recommended on here.All of a sudden slag Barkley seems to have become to sheep thing on here !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.