Ross Barkley

richards30 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
richards30 said:
One good point is that he's not been a starter for everton anyway so cant get frustrated with a squad role to start with. For the record i think he'll be a great signing, just hope its one of 3 for midfield!!! Tolm seems to insinuate french so a real hope its pogba he's talking about!

both pogba and barkley dont make sense. neither is a playermaker or controller type so having two box to box midfielders doesnt make sense. Schniderlin will make more sense (or Kondogbia) as a DM in a midfield 3

I don't think he will be a starter though. And alot of people seem to be thinking with all these other players mentioned for dm that yaya is leaving? Why not let him sit and have koke and pogba or nasri or barkley in front and let yaya dictate from deeper?

what makes you think that yaya can dictate from deep like xavi , pirlo ,modric or marco verrati can
he does that against poor league times but yaya has always struggled to do that against top european teams and as attacking mid yaya does not have the discipline to defend

sell yaya buy koke/Gündogan + pogba/barkley

21 years of age, one decent season with Everton and now playing poorly yet people on here are happy to spunk north of £20m to bring him here. Still got a lot to prove in my book.

mosssideblue said:
21 years of age, one decent season with Everton and now playing poorly yet people on here are happy to spunk north of £20m to bring him here. Still got a lot to prove in my book.

I think most, including me, wouldn't buy Barkley this summer, but with Tolmie stating we have progressed to sign him pretty much I think we are all hopeful that no more than 20m will be spent on him.

He won't even make the starting XI at the moment, it would be madness to blow anything more than 15m-20m on him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/iZpG6jbzEaA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/iZpG6jbzEaA</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/737bBL3TbOU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/737bBL3TbOU</a>

A couple of full games from Barkley in what's allegedly this 'second season' in which he's been sussed out; his footwork, driving runs and passing are superb, very Toure-esque in fact. Combined with his mobility and aggression in the tackle, he's got all the tools to be Yaya's gradual replacement in a deeper midfield role.

Pogba plays for the team that has monopolised Serie A, probably the fifth best league in Europe, so it's unfair to make direct comparisons. Pogba is a more flamboyant player but Barkley can become as effective in his own right given a couple of years to develop in the right environment around better players. It's a shame Toure will probably force a move to Inter in the summer because a season next to him would have been brilliant for Barkley's development.

If £30m for Fernandinho and £34m+ on the alleged raw potential of Mangala is vindicated by most on here, then a similar fee for someone like Barkley, who could run our midfield for 10 years is surely justifiable too.

Why are people panicking about what we spend on him - he looks a great prospect, amortise his fee over the next 6-10 years which is what we are looking at for a 21 year old - FFP is going to get booted out in the courts within 18 months, we are about to make a profit anyway. The level we are on now, giving Everton £30M instead of £20M is like waiting for 1p change when you given a quid to buy something for 99p and anyway, it doesn't matter if we got him for £10M the rag media would still multiply his wages, add performance bonuses, agents fees etc and say we paid £60M

I usually back the club in most things but this is not good business for me. If we have lost Milner then there is space for someone to come in and play over 30 games a season but I think we need to do better than Barkley. He’s a bit to raw for me and it might be just too soon.

I tend to like to stick with the players we have so I guess I am still banking on Fernando coming good but I guess they don’t all come good!

He has one assist in 66 premier league games, that is genuinely pathetic for anyone, yet alone an attacking midfielder. I don't see any reason to spend big money on him when we already have Rony Lopes for that position.

BigOscar said:
He has one assist in 66 premier league games, that is genuinely pathetic for anyone, yet alone an attacking midfielder. I don't see any reason to spend big money on him when we already have Rony Lopes for that position.

Agreed, Lopes looks ten times the player already at a younger age and we know he fits in well with our existing players, complete piss take if this goes ahead. Pozo has done as much as Barkley this season in a fraction of the first team game time ffs.

And the thing is, we can't base a purchase of him on the argument he'll possibly develop into one of the best British midfielders there is, as there is no chance in hell he'll get the required game time here with us to develop that potential.
At a low cost, fine... but that's not very likely is it?

As we need homegrown players, we should go after the likes of Sterling (who would actually make our starting XI better), Stone, Clyne.

Matt the Giant said:
And the thing is, we can't base a purchase of him on the argument he'll possibly develop into one of the best British midfielders there is, as there is no chance in hell he'll get the required game time here with us to develop that potential.
At a low cost, fine... but that's not very likely is it?

As we need homegrown players, we should go after the likes of Sterling (who would actually make our starting XI better), Stone, Clyne.

Or we should give our very own Lopes and Denayer a chance to prove themselves instead of spending £60m on Sterling and Stones? We have a hole in central midfield that money could be far better spent on a WC player for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.