Ross Barkley

Would rather have Barkley than sterling imo. At least if he comes he'll know he won't get that much game time plus we won't spunk out 50 mil and 150k wages on a 21/22 year old who's just gonna turn out to be the next swp.

IWasHere said:
Would rather have Barkley than sterling imo. At least if he comes he'll know he won't get that much game time plus we won't spunk out 50 mil and 150k wages on a 21/22 year old who's just gonna turn out to be the next swp.

He's 20 and already better than SWP ever was and better than Barkley ever will be.

Plus,in case you hadn't noticed.....his skill set is exactly what we are crying out for.

If he really thinks his best position is as a striker then he's a stupid as he looks; proper playground mentality. The best game he's had in professional football was as a deeper central midfielder. Suppose Kompany thought he was a midfielder when he came here as well though.

Apparently when he first started out at Everton's academy he was a ball-playing centre back who used to dribble out from defence and cost his team a lot of goals being dispossessed, hence his move into midfield, which as far as I know is where he played all of his youth career.

FantasyIreland said:
IWasHere said:

He's 20 and already better than SWP ever was and better than Barkley ever will be.

Plus,in case you hadn't noticed.....his skill set is exactly what we are crying out for.

Skill set? He's done fook all this season, flopped against the big teams yet people wouldn't mind giving 150k for a player that won't even make it into any top 10 teams in the world.

Only thing he has is pace, nothing more.

IWasHere said:
FantasyIreland said:
IWasHere said:

Skill set? He's done fook all this season, flopped against the big teams yet people wouldn't mind giving 150k for a player that won't even make it into any top 10 teams in the world.

He has contributed to 17 goals for Liverpool this season, 10 goals and 7 assists. Seems he has a bit more than pace, in fact that's quite an end product for a 20 year old lad.

Conversely, Silva has contributed to 16 goals for us this season, 11 goals and 5 assists. Has he done "fook all" too in your eyes?

But I digress, there is a separate Sterling thread.

pudge said:
IWasHere said:
FantasyIreland said:

He has contributed to 17 goals for Liverpool this season, 10 goals and 7 assists. Seems he has a bit more than pace, in fact that's quite an end product for a 20 year old lad.

Conversely, Silva has contributed to 16 goals for us this season, 11 goals and 5 assists. Has he done "fook all" too in your eyes?

Yup and Pele for Southampton has scored more goals than dzeko and Harry Kane has scored more goals than Aguero, guess we should put bids in for them too then?

Not a big fan of Barkley but he's had to put up with a shit Everton side, like someone posted earlier, baines has the most assists for Everton, which pretty much sums up their season. I'd have Barkley but not for more than 20 mil.

IWasHere said:
pudge said:
IWasHere said:

Yup and Pele for Southampton has scored more goals than dzeko and Harry Kane has scored more goals than Aguero, guess we should put bids in for them too then?

Not a big fan of Barkley but he's had to put up with a shit Everton side, like someone posted earlier, baines has the most assists for Everton, which pretty much sums up their season. I'd have Barkley but not for more than 20 mil.
Yes please.

However, your point was he has done fuck all this season, which blatantly isn't true. In fact, he's done quite a bit more than Barkley.

Barkley should be looking to stand out in a "shit" Everton team not blend in.

pudge said:
IWasHere said:
pudge said:

Yes please.

However, your point was he has done fuck all this season, which blatantly isn't true. In fact, he's done quite a bit more than Barkley.

By fuck all I mean he's done nothing special and definitely nothing worthy of a 50 mil bid.

Agree with what you said, but same could be said about us, no one really has stood out for us these past few games but that's not to say our squad isn't good enough.

IWasHere said:
pudge said:
IWasHere said:

Yes please.

By fuck all I mean he's done nothing special and definitely nothing worthy of a 50 mil bid.

Agree with what you said, but same could be said about us, no one really has stood out for us these past few games but that's not to say our squad isn't good enough.

Really hope we get him £30 million plus various add ons would do it I think. He is a very good player and still raw in many ways. With good coaching think he could be immense.

IWasHere said:
pudge said:
IWasHere said:

Yes please.

You can't use one argument to criticise Sterling and another to defend Barkley.

This season Sterling has been the best Liverpool player in a campaign that's been largely poor... despite their poor form and the fact that their star midfielder Gerrard's completely declined, Suarez was sold and Sturridge has been injured, Sterling has been their best player. He is 20 years old and is likely to struggle for consistency but his statistics over the past couple of campaigns are better than many of the overseas signings we've made and convinced ourselves on using that word "potential".

Barkley on the other hand has so much promise without fulfilling it yet. From his recent interview he wants a "free role" to be able to influence play the way he wants to. Top players will make their own space and create their own opportunities. He was incredible against City last season and I would have expected him to kick on from there. Instead he's been poor. Everton have been shite and he's still been unable to get into their starting lineup at times this season.

You go and spunk £30m on a player that has a 50% chance of doing anything in his career, I'd spend the £50m on Sterling. It might be a lot, it might be a gamble but he is young, English and has the potential to be the star of English football - that £50m could soon be worth closer to £100m considering how Bale's price rocketed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.