Ross Barkley

Both would be twice the player they are now in our team.....these 2 are going to cause a shitstorm for their current clubs this summer,IMO.
They both surely know the only chance of going forward in their careers is a move away from their current clubs,and that is what they will both want,only problem being their clubs will want the highest price possible.....I'd grab some popcorn to watch these unfold,it's gonna be good.

SPIDERBOY said:
Both would be twice the player they are now in our team.....these 2 are going to cause a shitstorm for their current clubs this summer,IMO.
They both surely know the only chance of going forward in their careers is a move away from their current clubs,and that is what they will both want,only problem being their clubs will want the highest price possible.....I'd grab some popcorn to watch these unfold,it's gonna be good.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are experts at unsettling players - hopefully Tixki has some tricks up his sleeve

Blue Hefner said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Barcelona and Real Madrid are experts at unsettling players - hopefully Tixki has some tricks up his sleeve

Could they have asked him to have a mediocre season and knocked 10 million off his price!!??

Think Pellegrini was right with saying 50 mil would be a rip off. Barkley is top notch, but he isn't a 50 mil player (yet) and the only reason that price is set is because he's English.

supercity88 said:
IWasHere said:
pudge said:
Yes please.

However, your point was he has done fuck all this season, which blatantly isn't true. In fact, he's done quite a bit more than Barkley.

Barkley should be looking to stand out in a "shit" Everton team not blend in.

By fuck all I mean he's done nothing special and definitely nothing worthy of a 50 mil bid.

Agree with what you said, but same could be said about us, no one really has stood out for us these past few games but that's not to say our squad isn't good enough.

You can't use one argument to criticise Sterling and another to defend Barkley.

This season Sterling has been the best Liverpool player in a campaign that's been largely poor... despite their poor form and the fact that their star midfielder Gerrard's completely declined, Suarez was sold and Sturridge has been injured, Sterling has been their best player. He is 20 years old and is likely to struggle for consistency but his statistics over the past couple of campaigns are better than many of the overseas signings we've made and convinced ourselves on using that word "potential".

Barkley on the other hand has so much promise without fulfilling it yet. From his recent interview he wants a "free role" to be able to influence play the way he wants to. Top players will make their own space and create their own opportunities. He was incredible against City last season and I would have expected him to kick on from there. Instead he's been poor. Everton have been shite and he's still been unable to get into their starting lineup at times this season.

You go and spunk £30m on a player that has a 50% chance of doing anything in his career, I'd spend the £50m on Sterling. It might be a lot, it might be a gamble but he is young, English and has the potential to be the star of English football - that £50m could soon be worth closer to £100m considering how Bale's price rocketed.

No way he's had a better season than coutinho. I even have bin dipper mates at work that think sterling's not as good as people think he is. Sterling is basically a Navas that scores goals.

Barkley alongside silva yaya aguero will shine.

IWasHere said:
supercity88 said:
IWasHere said:
By fuck all I mean he's done nothing special and definitely nothing worthy of a 50 mil bid.

Agree with what you said, but same could be said about us, no one really has stood out for us these past few games but that's not to say our squad isn't good enough.

This season Sterling has been the best Liverpool player in a campaign that's been largely poor... despite their poor form and the fact that their star midfielder Gerrard's completely declined, Suarez was sold and Sturridge has been injured, Sterling has been their best player. He is 20 years old and is likely to struggle for consistency but his statistics over the past couple of campaigns are better than many of the overseas signings we've made and convinced ourselves on using that word "potential".

Barkley on the other hand has so much promise without fulfilling it yet. From his recent interview he wants a "free role" to be able to influence play the way he wants to. Top players will make their own space and create their own opportunities. He was incredible against City last season and I would have expected him to kick on from there. Instead he's been poor. Everton have been shite and he's still been unable to get into their starting lineup at times this season.

You go and spunk £30m on a player that has a 50% chance of doing anything in his career, I'd spend the £50m on Sterling. It might be a lot, it might be a gamble but he is young, English and has the potential to be the star of English football - that £50m could soon be worth closer to £100m considering how Bale's price rocketed.

No way he's had a better season than coutinho. I even have bin dipper mates at work that think sterling's not as good as people think he is. Sterling is basically a Navas that scores goals.

Whats wrong with a Navas that scores goals ?

IWasHere said:
supercity88 said:
IWasHere said:

Since you are putting it that way, he is a navas who can beat people, score goals, and has around 4-5 years of development still left

blueparrot said:
IWasHere said:
supercity88 said:

Whats wrong with a Navas that scores goals ?

bet navas would have done a better job at the swamp than the amount of sitters Sterling missed there earlier in the season.

IWasHere said:
supercity88 said:
IWasHere said:

First of all... Sterling has made 28 appearances in the league this season with 6 goals and 7 assists... Coutinho has made 27 appearances with 4 goals and 4 assists... let's see if he can score two and assist three in his next game...

That answers your first point that was clearly plucked from the air because of Coutinho's goal against us no doubt.

Also - I have "mates" at work who support a number of different sides and their opinions on players are largely shite as well. I don't believe a footballer should be worth over a few thousand pounds but the industry has exploded and money is everywhere. The going rate for a young, talented, English player is circa £40-50m. The fact he's now been better than a one season wonder (unlike Barkley) means that price becomes more justifiable. He might not be worth it but we are in desperate need for a player like Navas who can also put the ball in the net... or a Nasri who can take it past two or three players.

supercity88 said:
IWasHere said:
supercity88 said:

First of all... Sterling has made 28 appearances in the league this season with 6 goals and 7 assists... Coutinho has made 27 appearances with 4 goals and 4 assists... let's see if he can score two and assist three in his next game...

That answers your first point that was clearly plucked from the air because of Coutinho's goal against us no doubt.

Also - I have "mates" at work who support a number of different sides and their opinions on players are largely shite as well. I don't believe a footballer should be worth over a few thousand pounds but the industry has exploded and money is everywhere. The going rate for a young, talented, English player is circa £40-50m. The fact he's now been better than a one season wonder (unlike Barkley) means that price becomes more justifiable. He might not be worth it but we are in desperate need for a player like Navas who can also put the ball in the net... or a Nasri who can take it past two or three players.

Stats don't always mean everything, it's what players also do on the pitch. Tell me what sterling has done these past few games, not just goals/assists but when was the last time he got motm? Non existent against us, the rags (even before they 10 me before you say anything ). Missed loads of chances againsy rags at the swap which resulted in them getting beat. Big games he does nothing but when he scores against the west hams we should bid 50 mil.

But Barkley in a good squad then we can judge on whether he's good or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.