Ross Barkley

They're both midfielders, a position on the pitch where we have plenty of players already. I was saying that, if we were to snare Wiegl, would we really need another MF player in, unless we intend to ship one or two out?

I think Fernando and Yaya will leave in the summer.

Fernandinho will be 31 this year as well.

Weigl is a Busquets type of player I think so even if he replaces Yaya he won't replace his box to box ability, someone like Barkley will.

I would love City to have a strong English core of Hart, Stones, Barkley, Delph and Sterling.

All the top sides in Europe have a strong core of players from the country they are from and all the successful English sides have had a strong English/ British core when they have won the European Cup/ Champions League.

completely agree with that, we need a good core of british players. I would have preferred our own youth though, gutted George Evans left

I think Fernando and Yaya will leave in the summer.

Fernandinho will be 31 this year as well.
That would make sense. I'd like to see us hold on to Dinho for another season at least though. Nando hasn't really worked out and Yaya's agent has been making noises (again) about him possibly moving on in the summer.

Barkley is not a winger like Sane. Weigl in to replace Yaya and Barkley for Fernando would be most likely

Sane is not a winger either like Costa or Ribery and even if we replace Fernando with Barkley, we would still need a midfielder other than Weigl to tackle and press high up the pitch as barring a few occasions here and there, I have never seen Barkley doing any of these two things regularly.

That would make sense. I'd like to see us hold on to Dinho for another season at least though. Nando hasn't really worked out and Yaya's agent has been making noises (again) about him possibly moving on in the summer.
I think Yaya is starting to wane and it would be worth cashing out on him now, I dont think he ever covers himself in glory in the media either, his lashing out at not winning African footballer showed very little class.
I honestly think with a little nurturing Delph could prove to be a class act at the club, potential club captain! Even if he doesn't get that far he will certainly prove to be one of the bargains of modern times for the club being English too!

completely agree with that, we need a good core of british players. I would have preferred our own youth though, gutted George Evans left

There are plenty of our own youth players who could become part of such a core.

Tosin/Humphreys, Patching, Barker, Nmecha, Bryan etc.

We aren't short of promising English players who could break into the team in the next 3 years or so.

Not that good if you ask me. He is good at running with the ball but after getting in to a dangerous position he often gives it away with an awful attempt at a pass/through ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.