Ross Barkley

Alli looks a very good player at the moment, but he's only really had this half season as a regular starter in the Premier League. So many players over the years have burst onto the scene then faded, some after clubs have spent big money on them after one season. Better to leave him at Spurs and see how good he is in 2 or 3 seasons.

We have to have some English / homegown players so we need to buy some of the best young ones out there. If we are going to knick one from Everton, I think Stones will be the target; Barkley might be worth having in the squad though.

Alli looks a very good player at the moment, but he's only really had this half season as a regular starter in the Premier League. So many players over the years have burst onto the scene then faded, some after clubs have spent big money on them after one season. Better to leave him at Spurs and see how good he is in 2 or 3 seasons.
I agree. Alli's not going to get any more expensive. He'd already cost a fortune. But yeah, it's important to see how players respond once everyone knows how good they are. Remember Ramsey's free-scoring season? Doesn't score as many any more, now everyone knows to pick him up.

I think Ross Barkley is probably the better long-term replacement for Toure. He'd offer more of a physical presence.

I like him and he's young. Would give us time to develop him. He strong which is good, nice to have a physical presence in the center of the park

I thought he looked the part tonight,hes obviously developed physically which has aided his game,i think its also eliminated the inconsistency that has hindered his performances since breaking through.Hes becoming quite a presence in that final third,powerful and commanding,maybe a yaya replacement after all?

I thought he looked the part tonight,hes obviously developed physically which has aided his game,i think its also eliminated the inconsistency that has hindered his performances since breaking through.Hes becoming quite a presence in that final third,powerful and commanding,maybe a yaya replacement after all?
looked decent tonight and has filled out I'd have him he's class.

His goal tonight is what yaya used to do! Not as classy as yaya but he has that drive and physical presence, a poor mans yaya where as we now have an ageing yaya. Like a new Mazda mx5 compared to a beaten up old Porsche 911

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.