Ross Barkley

waspish said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Barkley.

Hahahahahahahahah £25 million hahahahahahaha

Pass.

Think your right 25m is to much but we all know the English tax that hikes it by at least 10m
If Lallana is worth £25m then Barkley is worth £35m. We wouldn't get Barkley for £25m. That's a bargain in today's transfer market. A decade ago we sold SWP to Chelsea for £21m

Can we stop paying Everton over the odds for bang average english player already?

How many times have people spent big on the 'next big english talent' only to see them end up just run of the mill? rodwell just to name one example.

For starters he wouldnt get in our team ahead of yaya, dave or nasri and even jovetic looks miles better in terms of skill, composure and positional understanding

It's amazing just how misinformed some people are.

Firstly, if you look at our record with English players since the takeover, then it stands up to that of Arsenal, Chelsea, and United. We've signed a similar amount of English players as those two clubs in that period, and in actual fact the players we signed have played significantly more games overall than those signed by the other three.

Secondly, Joleon Lescott as well as being top of the league, is twice a champion, an FA Cup winner, and a league cup winner. He has deserved all of those medals because he has played an integral part in the winning of all those trophies. So as much we like to complain that maybe Everton had us over a barrel for the fee, based on his appearances and our success he was worth every penny.

With regards Barkley. He's not just the best in England in that age group/position. IMO he's the best in the world in that position/age group as far as i've seen. Someone somewhere mentioned Max Meyer of Schalke as a similar player. Yes they're similar, and of a similar age group. However Barkley's the more accomplished player right now, and more importantly, he is physically more developed than Meyer.

I've got faith that the reason we didn't touch Shaw, the reason we are so quiet about the Toure situation, is because Txiki has lined up Barkley and whether he comes this summer or next I for one will be delighted when he does.

Marvin said:
waspish said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Barkley.

Hahahahahahahahah £25 million hahahahahahaha

Pass.

Think your right 25m is to much but we all know the English tax that hikes it by at least 10m
If Lallana is worth £25m then Barkley is worth £35m. We wouldn't get Barkley for £25m. That's a bargain in today's transfer market. A decade ago we sold SWP to Chelsea for £21m

Rodwell is worth £10 million.

Rodwell + £25 million for Barkley sounds fair.

The fact is he's one of England's most promising talents and with that comes a price hike. If Yaya stays then there is no real need to spend the money but if he goes then we could do a hell of a lot worse than investing in such a talented player. Hell even just training with Silva, Nasri etc would improve him immensely. I really rate him and if it is true that those in charge want him I'd trust their judgement.

ElanJo said:
Couldn't we sign Barkley outside of the 49m limit as he wouldn't need to be registered for the CL?

Would rather we sign Sanchez but I wouldn't say no to Barkley. Maybe offer them Milner as well?

Why wouldn't he be. Only U21 players who have been at the club for 2 years don't need to be registered.

If we sell Milner, we will be light on and all ready light wide attacking midfield (light in terms of depth)

There's no way Everton would sell Barkley for £25mil. He would cost between 30-35 mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.