Ross Barkley

Barkley can't replace Yaya anymore than Pogba can. Just let him stay at Everton for another season.

adrianr said:
Barkley can't replace Yaya anymore than Pogba can. Just let him stay at Everton for another season.

No one probably ever will. For my money the best City player ever, in the best City team ever. But if he wants to leave there is no point judging players by his standard.

Barkley if he continues to progress will be the best english midfielder since Gazza. Do we want him playing for Chelsea or United?

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
No way Everton would let the kid go and even if they did....we'd be looking at a 40mil bid to tempt them to sell him.....with the money getting thrown around for talented young players this year, Everton would laugh at a 25mil plus Rodwell offer.....I think this is a non-starter....

Rodwell is worth £8mil, imo, as he still has age on his side and plenty of potential. To be honest I'd prefer to keep him.

However, although Everton would never take £25mil plus Rodwell we wouldn't be that far off his valuation - I reckon £30mil plus Rodwell and they'd be tempted.

adrianr said:

Agreed and none of Arsenal, Chelsea or United are in any rush to sign the player.

Falastur said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Of course City would be interested in a player like him, but United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be ahead of us in his preferred options.

Tolmie, you get plenty correct but this statement is factually wrong. I still think he may spend another year at Everton but if we are in for him, we have as much chance, if not more, than all 3 clubs you have listed of getting him as far as Barkley is concerned. Agents and clubs may play a part, but Barkley would prefer us over all 3 at this moment in time.

What if he places more importance on playing time than trophies? I'm with TH on this one.

He values both and it won't be money driven, close knit circle of friends mean a lot to him right now and they are a combination of current eds lads, former Blues and a tight knit group of local lads from around Altrincham. Anything could change but that is where he is at most recently, prior to us showing our hand, if indeed we have.

Couldn't we sign Barkley outside of the 49m limit as he wouldn't need to be registered for the CL?

Would rather we sign Sanchez but I wouldn't say no to Barkley. Maybe offer them Milner as well?

great buy if we can get him but I feel everton and city have history in taking there top players and the fans would blow up if they think they are our new feeder club hahahahhaa

barry rodwell Richards plus cash £25million and they should bite our hand off

Uncle Bill will let his grandmother go if the millions totted up correctly. 'Tis only a matter o' time before those Toffees will be asking: "Where's the Barkers money gone, Bill?" I'd love the guy at City. It would make the passage of texts between my good self and my renegade Evertonian son even more interesting!!!

Super David Silva 21 said:
Barkley.

Hahahahahahahahah £25 million hahahahahahaha

Pass.

Think your right 25m is to much but we all know the English tax that hikes it by at least 10m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.