Ross Barkley

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Of course City would be interested in a player like him, but United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be ahead of us in his preferred options.

Tolmie, you get plenty correct but this statement is factually wrong. I still think he may spend another year at Everton but if we are in for him, we have as much chance, if not more, than all 3 clubs you have listed of getting him as far as Barkley is concerned. Agents and clubs may play a part, but Barkley would prefer us over all 3 at this moment in time.

I can't see any young English player wanting to move to us. At those other clubs he would play more and get payed just as much. I can't see him leaving everton anyway

Would love City to sign him , quality motm in both games against us last season

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Of course City would be interested in a player like him, but United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be ahead of us in his preferred options.

Tolmie, you get plenty correct but this statement is factually wrong. I still think he may spend another year at Everton but if we are in for him, we have as much chance, if not more, than all 3 clubs you have listed of getting him as far as Barkley is concerned. Agents and clubs may play a part, but Barkley would prefer us over all 3 at this moment in time.

Noted, Nixon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

What if he places more importance on playing time than trophies? I'm with TH on this one.

Would be a great signing for City. We need to sign English players, if they are top quality. Barkley has the potential to be top quality.

Not sure how the fee would be achieved within our £49m budget though.

Barkley was at the city home game v Barcelona.
My lad said said at the time that he'd love this boy to play for City.
I think he is the ideal replacement for Yaya should he go however surely we cannot sign Mangala,Sanchez,Barkley and still be compliant with FFP when the next figures are released.Or can we?

Falastur said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

What if he places more importance on playing time than trophies? I'm with TH on this one.

I don't actually think we are about to buy him but, if we did, there is no definite reason why he should not get sufficient playing time, to go along with money, medals and the opportunity to play with and learn from some fantastic players. If he is as good as some think, he will feature in a lot of games. However, at his age, he does not need to be overplayed anyway. Given the type of player he looks to be, he couldn't do better than join City at this point, IMO.

No way Everton would let the kid go and even if they did....we'd be looking at a 40mil bid to tempt them to sell him.....with the money getting thrown around for talented young players this year, Everton would laugh at a 25mil plus Rodwell offer.....I think this is a non-starter....

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Barkley was at the city home game v Barcelona.
My lad said said at the time that he'd love this boy to play for City.
I think he is the ideal replacement for Yaya should he go however surely we cannot sign Mangala,Sanchez,Barkley and still be compliant with FFP when the next figures are released.Or can we?

We don't need Sanchez, we have Navas. If we sell Nagredo and Yaya that would bring in 50 million. We still have 37 million after Fernando left so that would be 87. That would buy Mangala and Barkley and still there should be cjhange for a keeper.

With no Yaya, Barkley would get plenty of playing time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.