Ross Barkley

SWP's back said:
efcblue said:
avoidconfusion said:
lolwut.jpg

60m for Ross Barkley... heard it all now....

£50m bid rejected.

Surely a logical step would be to assume £60m is more likely? If no club is willing to pay that then obviously he won't move, but I can see someone offering it.
Are you 14?

There has been no £50m bid.

Everton would snap City's hand off for £30m cash.

If you want to believe that about a club you know very little about, that's fine.

Everton would have accepted £30m five years ago. Now? Not a chance. It won't happen. The need to "sell to buy" no longer exists for us.

efcblue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Barkley was at the city home game v Barcelona.
My lad said said at the time that he'd love this boy to play for City.
I think he is the ideal replacement for Yaya should he go however surely we cannot sign Mangala,Sanchez,Barkley and still be compliant with FFP when the next figures are released.Or can we?

Thought I'd just explain a couple of things because a friend of mine from here was telling me how Barkley is going to sign on for you.

Barkley was at that game because Martinez is instructing all the Everton players to observe a couple of teams (especially Barcelona) and how they play. You can find an interview with Martinez where he explains how he sent Baines to watch Lahm for 90 mins as a CDM. He wasn't there to dream about moving to Manchester. A couple of our coaches visited their academy and vice versa.

Everton are a different team under Martinez, both in play style and financially. I'm sure you all remember how expensive Lescott was, and how Fellaini was sold for £5m more than his release clause (something you were no doubt delighted to see, as was I). Everton never really sell their best talents cheap. Now, however, Everton don't need to sell to buy. We've got close to £30m to spend this summer. That may not be much to you, but we haven't been in that position for a long time. Basically, if (and it is a huge if) Ross is sold, it won't be for £25m. It won't be for £35m either. Nor £45m. We apparently rejected a bid of £50m from your neighbours for him earlier in the season. Whether our interest in Rodwell is genuine or not, I don't see us valuing him above £5m, so safe to say, £25m and Rodwell won't happen (even though it's just paper rubbish anyway). You'd be looking at £60m+ and that's just an estimate.

I don't believe Ross will leave for a good five years, either. He's a bit like Gerrard in the sense of loyalty. Sure, Gerrard tried to join Chelsea (and gave up when Liverpool fans threatened his family) so yes, Ross may leave at some point, but not for a good few years at least.

£50 mill for Ross Barclay...fuck me, break out the crack pipes. Please keep him.

SWP's back said:
efcblue said:
I think he is the ideal replacement for Yaya should he go however surely we cannot sign Mangala,Sanchez,Barkley and still be compliant with FFP when the next figures are released.Or can we?

Thought I'd just explain a couple of things because a friend of mine from here was telling me how Barkley is going to sign on for you.

Barkley was at that game because Martinez is instructing all the Everton players to observe a couple of teams (especially Barcelona) and how they play. You can find an interview with Martinez where he explains how he sent Baines to watch Lahm for 90 mins as a CDM. He wasn't there to dream about moving to Manchester. A couple of our coaches visited their academy and vice versa.

Everton are a different team under Martinez, both in play style and financially. I'm sure you all remember how expensive Lescott was, and how Fellaini was sold for £5m more than his release clause (something you were no doubt delighted to see, as was I). Everton never really sell their best talents cheap. Now, however, Everton don't need to sell to buy. We've got close to £30m to spend this summer. That may not be much to you, but we haven't been in that position for a long time. Basically, if (and it is a huge if) Ross is sold, it won't be for £25m. It won't be for £35m either. Nor £45m. We apparently rejected a bid of £50m from your neighbours for him earlier in the season. Whether our interest in Rodwell is genuine or not, I don't see us valuing him above £5m, so safe to say, £25m and Rodwell won't happen (even though it's just paper rubbish anyway). You'd be looking at £60m+ and that's just an estimate.

I don't believe Ross will leave for a good five years, either
. He's a bit like Gerrard in the sense of loyalty. Sure, Gerrard tried to join Chelsea (and gave up when Liverpool fans threatened his family) so yes, Ross may leave at some point, but not for a good few years at least.
You poor misguided soul.

What is it with scousers and living in their own distorted version of the world?
I agree with you to an extent but if you really think you have turned down £50 million and would expect £60 million,you really are fuckin living in gumdrop land !

I'd love to see Barkley at City, but realistically I can't see it happening this Summer

EFC will have to qualify for the Champions League to keep him though. It's alright now. His game is progressing, but there may come a time when he might decide that it's time to move on.

Marvin said:
I'd love to see Barkley at City, but realistically I can't see it happening this Summer

EFC will have to qualify for the Champions League to keep him though. It's alright now. His game is progressing, but there may come a time when he might decide that it's time to move on.

Even if City really wanted him, and we had the money, I could only see us loaning him back. He needs regular game time, needs to develop tactically. And Martinez is great with that

efcblue said:

I don't believe Ross will leave for a good five years, either. He's a bit like Gerrard in the sense of loyalty. Sure, Gerrard tried to join Chelsea (and gave up when Liverpool fans threatened his family) so yes, Ross may leave at some point, but not for a good few years at least.

The rejected £50 million bid was bollocks. It was something Martínez said to try and put off teams coming in for Barkley so if you really think you are going to get £60 million for him you better think again. And if you really think he is going to stay at Everton on £20k a week when he could be getting a lot more elsewhere you need to give your head a wobble. Money talks and all the "loyalty" in the world won't stop a 20 year old lad having his head turned by silly wages.

I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.

efcblue said:
I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.
Not at all,fair play if he wants to stay but to say you turned down £50 is pure delusion.I'm pretty sure we are not even interested at the moment.To be honest I wouldn't want to see another of your pathetic childish hate filled Lescottesque style tantrums !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.