Ross Barkley

I think Everton would be mad to take £30m. Figures around the £60m mark are being suggested for Pogba and Barkley has easily the same potential IMO. Why take £30m now when you can wait a year or two, let him develop further and take nearly double the money?

The stupider evaluation I've seen in this thread is Rodwell at £10m.

efcblue said:
I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.
Utter shite, Kenwright would sell the club for £50, shouldn't you be doing your schoolwork?

CityStu said:
I think Everton would be mad to take £30m. Figures around the £60m mark are being suggested for Pogba and Barkley has easily the same potential IMO. Why take £30m now when you can wait a year or two, let him develop further and take nearly double the money?

The stupider evaluation I've seen in this thread is Rodwell at £10m.

People can talk all they want about a certain player is 50/60m player Pogba and Barkley will not go for that much on the future

People can talk all they want about a certain player is 50/60m player Pogba and Barkley will not go for that much on the future[/quote]

This. Barkley is nowhere near a player worth that sort of money. He is yet to be proven consistently at the highest level, also I guess he's unlikely to be tested at this level at Everton.

When and only when he has had 2 full seasons of top performances and delivered a significant return, he may get close to that figure. Until then he remains potential which is £25/30million territory for an English player

MeatHunterrr said:
Hihosilva said:
There's no way Everton would sell Barkley for £25mil. He would cost between 30-35 mil.
RODWELL + 25m ffs. thats 35 worth because rodwell is worth 10m

10m for a kid who's appeared (and I use that term as that's what he tends to do because he's either getting injured, injured or playing 10 minutes here and there to 'get his fitness back') about 15 times in 2 seasons, from the club who sold him to us 2 seasons ago for 12m?

Sorry mate but that's about 6m to much.

@BluePhil8 said:
efcblue said:
I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.

Why would money be the motivating factor when choosing between Everton and City?

We are the reigning Champion's of England, we're the most successful English club in the last 4 years and Everton haven't won a solitary pot since 1995.

If we show an interest and Barkley doesn't fight tooth and nail to sign for us and further his career, then he isn't fit to be a City player. Why would we need a boy without ambition?

If you think £50,000,000 is a fair price for one good season then you are demented, which seems to be a recurring theme with the Evertonian fans who post on Bluemoon.

This, in its entirety

Baines was quoted for an outrageous figure and even a desperate United turned it down. Barkely is 'worth' in the region £25-30m, however my opinion counts for fuck all when you see Lallana getting bought for £25m which is a shambles. Barkely selling for the price we paid for Silva and Yaya is actually hilarious, Everton can keep him for what he's selling for, it's a fucking joke. I wish them well, good club are the Toffees and I hope they better Liverpool next season.

Daz_Blue said:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-consider-jack-rodwell-7377774?
Love the way it's always quoted about his lack of first team games, as if we're stifling young English talent on purpose. He's only started 7 premier league games in two years because he's only been fit for about 10 games in that period.

If Rodwell could be trusted to be available for 40+ games a season, I still think he could play a big part for us. He may not be automatic first choice, but he could cover for Fernandinho or give a very dynamic midfield alongside him. From what we saw of him at Everton, he is more than capable and hopefully would improve playing with the likes of Silva, Fernandinho, Fernando, Nasri etc. I suspect he could even be a decent centre half.

However, would anyone trust him to still be fit by September? For his own sake, and England's, I hope he moves on to somewhere he can be a regular and manages to stay fit

efcblue said:

Anyway, gnight.

we have 50m NETT to spend. so we sell yaya, micha, rodwell and even Garcia and that fund doubles. Everton are simply yet another one of our bitches, if we want him we'll get him.

good luck on channel 5.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.